• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Moving Recruiting Districts

Lobster

Alright, so my recruiter has informed me that because I go to school in upstate New York that they are going to transfer me from NRD Philadelphia to NRD New England to make my once a month face-to-face meetings easier. He told me I'd probably be out of Syracuse which is only about an hour and a half away. Not that its a huge problem to get transfered there but, I expressed to my recruiter that I wanted to stay with NRD Philadelphia due to the simple fact that is where home is and with school, hockey, lacrosse, and all the other bs that I'm involved in on campus opportunities to get home are few and far between and the face-to-face gives me an excuse to go home for a brief period and get a home cooked meal. My recruiter informed me that he'd like to retain me but there's nothing he can do. Has anyone gone through this? Is there anyway to stay with NRD Philly? Any gouge is much appreciated.

Boomer91

I am from Illinois and initially started my application process at NRD Chicago. Before I submitted my application I transferred down to Southern Illinois University which is about 6 hours south of NRD Chicago. My recruiter gave me the option in the beginning to stay with him at Chicago, or to go through the closer NRD St. Louis. I chose to stay with Chicago for similar reasons, along with the fact I liked the recruiter that I started the application process with. I do my face-to-face meetings with the local enlisted recruiting office at school and fax the check in sheet to my recruiter in Chicago. I'm not sure what rules apply for the recruiting offices, but my recruiting office was able to give me options and accommodate my requests. Hopefully this helps a little bit.

pmasters

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I did my recruiting in NRD Philadelphia and just got transferred to NRD Pittsburgh where I go to school. There's nothing you can do about it, you need to do the PRT and send in your transcripts and everything else to the recruiter in the area where you go to school. Since you go to school out of the NRD district, your recruiter HAS to pass you on to another one in your school's district. Bummer I know, I loved my Philadelphia guy. You didn't work with MCPO McGoldrick did you? I know there were two O recruiters there at least.

Thats how they explained it to me. The saving grace is that once you swear in you have VERY little you need to do with the new recruiter. You can do as I do and hang out with the NROTC kids if you have one at your university. Luckily my recruiter's office is located about 5 blocks away from my apartment.

Lobster

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I did my recruiting in NRD Philadelphia and just got transferred to NRD Pittsburgh where I go to school. There's nothing you can do about it, you need to do the PRT and send in your transcripts and everything else to the recruiter in the area where you go to school. Since you go to school out of the NRD district, your recruiter HAS to pass you on to another one in your school's district. Bummer I know, I loved my Philadelphia guy. You didn't work with MCPO McGoldrick did you? I know there were two O recruiters there at least.

Thats how they explained it to me. The saving grace is that once you swear in you have VERY little you need to do with the new recruiter. You can do as I do and hang out with the NROTC kids if you have one at your university. Luckily my recruiter's office is located about 5 blocks away from my apartment.

Yeah, oh well, I worked with LT Kerchner I think I met McGoldrick when I swore in. And there is not NROTC here at my college, we only have about 1200 undergrads and we only have army and chair force ROTC.

pmasters

Ah I met Kirchner too at some point, seemed like a good guy. How I'll miss those treks down to North Philly... Luckily Carnegie Mellon's NROTC battalion lets every other school in Pittsburgh tag along, so we go through them. I suppose thats what you get for going to a baby university :icon_tong. I do my swear -in on Wednesday, I'm pretty pumped. The fruition of a process I began in July feels damn good.

Lobster

Ah I met Kirchner too at some point, seemed like a good guy. How I'll miss those treks down to North Philly... Luckily Carnegie Mellon's NROTC battalion lets every other school in Pittsburgh tag along, so we go through them. I suppose thats what you get for going to a baby university :icon_tong. I do my swear -in on Wednesday, I'm pretty pumped. The fruition of a process I began in July feels damn good.

Yeah he's been great through the whole thing, congrats on swearing in I know how it feels, I started my application freshman year which was jan 2007 at the time and swore in on sept 31 of this year, great feeling, congrats again!