• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Most up-to-date PRT for 20-29 year old males?

Semisonic9

Pulled this off a site with no date on it. It looks pretty old. Still accurate?

http://www.comilstd.org/Navy_PRT.htm

MALES: AGE 20 TO 29 YEARS
OUTSTANDING LOW - (For officer fitness badge)
98 curl ups
81 push ups
1.5 mile run in 9:15
500 yd swim in 7:30
450m in 7:20

SATISFACTORY HIGH
54 curl ups
45 push ups
1.5 mile run in 12:45
500 yd swim in 12:00
450m in 11:50
A few questions:

• Is "satisfactory high" the lowest PRT you can get to be admitted to the Navy in my age bracket? If not, what is? Run times are my big hurdle.
  • I'm assuming a "curl up" is a sit up, or a crunch?
  • What is the 450m thing? Is that another swim?
  • There's no pull up requirement?
  • Push up/curl up time limit is 2 minutes?

Semisonic9

Uh, wow, those were fast replies! I just finished editing the OP . :icon_wink Thanks guys!

Ok, from that I see the following, for a 25yo like myself:

[quote="OPNAVINST Aug 15, 2005]
OUTSTANDING LOW - (For officer fitness badge)
95 curl ups
77 push ups
1.5 mile run in 9:38
500 yd swim in 7:38
450m swim in 7:28

SATISFACTORY HIGH
50 curl ups
41 push ups
1.5 mile run in 13:23
500 yd swim in 12:08
450m in 11:58[/quote]

Some of the following questions still apply:

• Is "satisfactory high" the lowest PRT you can get to be admitted to the Navy in my age bracket? If not, what is? Run times are my big hurdle. I'm slow as all hell.
  • I'm assuming a "curl up" is a sit up, or a crunch? And the time-limit here is still 2 minutes for each, push ups and curl ups, right?
  • What's the difference between the two swim times? Aren't a 500 yard and a 450m swim pretty much the same thing? :icon_tong What am I missing here?
  • There's no pull up requirement?

das

Contributor
Is "satisfactory high" the lowest PRT you can get to be admitted to the Navy in my age bracket? If not, what is? Run times are my big hurdle.

Technically, "PRT is passed when members achieve 'Probationary' performance standard or better." That said, if you want to be competitive, and depending on the program, you want good scores.

I'm assuming a "curl up" is a sit up, or a crunch?

It's all in the above regulation, but this site has a lot of info, including video samples of each test:

https://www.netc.navy.mil/nstc/otcn/Common/PFA/PFA_PT.htm

What is the 450m thing? Is that another swim?

Some pools are measured in meters (e.g., 50m), so that is just another variant of the swim that is acceptable. 450 m is 492 yd.

There's no pull up requirement?

Depends on the program, but generally, no. (The Physical Screening Test (PST) for, e.g., SPECWAR (SEAL) and SPECOPS (EOD) candidates have pull ups).

Push up/curl up time limit is 2 minutes?

Yes.

Big Biff

Got Em
A Good Low across the board (push ups, curl ups, run) is all you need. Its something like 44 push ups, 56 sit ups, and a 12:50 1/2 run....

To the OP: if you can't run, get to be a push-up/sit-up (curl-up) banshee. Do near 100 of each, and it'll somewhat absorb the hit you'd otherwise take on a slow run time. It all depends on how soon you're looking to apply, and how much time you have to get your run down.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
As an applicant for a commissioning program, your focus should be more on putting together a strong overall package, to include a respectable PRT score. As a first/second year junior officer, I don't know anyone personally who has gotten worse than a Good Low. Just a thought