• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

more prk

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin

i talked with my recruiter and am more confused than ever. im having prk done in a week and have already been selected for sna but not really?! he said that you get an initial prk waiver through cnrc but then dont get an official waiver (from nami) till your physical at ocs. i was under the impression that you got your prof recom, eye waiver (through the study), did your prt and other various paper work and then headed off to ocs as an sna. then the only way you lost your sna slot would be through npq by nami for any of a million reasons. but if nami is cutting off prk waivers (or has already), and what my recruiter is saying is correct, you would get selected for sna in ocs by cnrc (who doesnt even have your vision stuff as far as i know) and then get down to pensacola just to find out that they wouldnt even look at you cause they arent granting waivers (this sounds like 2 different navy's). and i cant believe that even when the study was rolling they just gave a waiver to anybody who had the prk. this makes no sense to me. what in the blue hell is going on? anyone?

kevin

mimisoko9

Kevin-

I've been told I cannot even submit an application until after I've gotten the official waiver, which won't happen for almost another five months if ever. As such, I cannot be selected/pre-selected/prof'ly selected/etc. for anything.

I posted a question on the sequence of events on the forum before. It should still be here, but the response I got was something along the lines of "the recruiter can't throw your hat in the ring until AFTER the waiver." I've always heard waiver comes before anything else.

My advice might be to call another recruiting office and see what they say.

-Mimi

uncledave

Kevin,
My recruiter told me that when I send my application for commission in(for SNA), I will be applying for the PRK waiver at the same time and would either be approved by NAMI for a waiver or denied. I had PRK 20 months ago and have recently been seen at MEPS where I had 20/20 in each eye. I will be submitting in a week or two(whenever I get my semester grades in). He also told me that I do not do the PRT until after I get professionaly recomended.

Dave

"beware of what you wish for" -what the Chinese say....

kevin

i just wasnt feeling enough love from this inquiry so i thought i'd reintroduce it. anyone know how this prk waiver thing is working? im confused on the chronology of going to ocs and getting a nami prk waiver and being selected for sna and all that. i've now heard different things and am trying to make sure i dont get screwed by the system again. i going crazy with all this stuff. there should be a navy sna/nfo prk help group. 1800FOUREYE.

uncledave: did you hear anything yet. please let me know and good luck.

kevin

mimisoko: oh by the way i contacted three other recruiting offices and they sent me to the nami web page, which is now listed in my web address "FAVORITES" 3 more times. God i love it. thanks for the feedback, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.