• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

more medical test questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stlpilot

Sorry if Im repeating these questions, I tried searching the board but Im still a newby. Here is my situation: I took a MEPS physical in Sept 2001 and passed fine but it was for the AF. My vision was 20/30 and 20/40 and met the requirements which were listed on this site:

http://www.nomi.med.navy.mil/Nami/WaiverGuideTopics/exams.htm#sna

And Yes I did look under the navel student pilot section. So How long was that MEPS exam good for? Will I need to take another? I don’t suppose an Air Force Class 1 Flight physical approved this past march can sub for anything? Are only the MEPS results sent to the OCS board for review then if you get an offer they perform some type of flight physical? Where is this done? Again sorry but I dont know any of this stuff. When I was going through the Air Force App process, there were fairly good websites for finding out what the medical people test and what type of test used(ex. test types like cyloplegic refraction ) does anyone know if there is a Navy equivalent to get this info? Thanks alot.

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
You really need to ask these questions to an officer recruiter.

<<Aimee says I WANNA KNOW IN ENGLISH (NO NAUTICAL TERMS) HOW TO LACE MY SHOES>>

meb6385

Now don't quote me on this, but at one time I was thinking of swithing branches during the application procedure but I couldn't apply to two branches at once because MEPS would only allow one branch at a time to have my file, and I wanted to just do MEPS over again, but they said that I couldn't because the file is good for 2 years. That's just what they told me, hope it helps.
Mike

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
That's not true. I applied to two branches and took one MEPS physical - no problem.

Like I said, you need to ask a recruiter.

Status
Not open for further replies.