• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Moody

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcstruble

I am about to enter Naval OCS in March, but hoping to possibly end up at Moody for flight training. What is taught there and can you request a specific base? I happen to have family in the area.

Ed Williams

Moody is an otipon to request and usually you will get it if you want it. YOu still have to do API at NAS Pensacola, but you only do the water training, no academics. WHen you get to Moody (after 6 weeks of API) you will do all of the academicsthat you missed at API along with all primary academics. Note, you must have at least 25 hours up in the air to go to Moody.
ed

Dave Shutter

As it was explained to us; the IFS is intended to be part of the Moody type syllabus where students have that prior flight time plus a solo before going to the new Primary (IE: no API academics first). They're putting people through IFS now but due to the budget it's only a few people at a time and any flight time is a disqualifier. An IFS student I talked to said they're basically using a lottery system now to determine the lucky few, but if your going to OCS in Mar and starting API in the summer, then there may be more people getting it by then. That's a roll of the dice, but I've heard it from the horses mouth that you do qualify for Moody if you get IFS.

(FLASH IFS REPORT: I spoke with that same person in IFS a while back and she said it was hard! The instructor is really piling it on her because he knows she's off to Navy flight school, unlike someone taking lessons on the weekend.)

...but for right now worry about PT and the big 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.