• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

missions with civil community

Status
Not open for further replies.

farkle84

does the military ever cooperate with law enforcement (federal and state) in missions? such as drug enforcement or search and rescue or any other kind of mission?

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
I know that the H-60B's sometimes go on crusies down to south america for anti drug ops. But other then that I have never really hear of anything else

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
There is a federal law, posse comitatus (sp?), that prohibits the military from interfering in domestic law enforcement issues. If you remember during the DC sniper shootings, local law enforcement asked the Pentagon for help and there was a lot of reluctance to provide any. I am not 100% sure, but I believe the President can waive this under certain circumstances. If you are wondering, this law does not apply to National Guardsmen because they are under the control of state governors.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
On a state level, the governor has the authority to deploy the National Guard. Usually, this only happens in extreme curcumstances, ie. hurricane, flood, riots, ect.

krtyxl

We have military working dogs and EOD on base here at Little Rock AFB that regularly help state officials in bomb detection and disposal (when necessary).

Status
Not open for further replies.