• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Military ID For Scholarship Midshipmen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdubtc

Hello All, I am new to the forum and I even tried searching for a similar thread but wasn't able to find it.

I received a 4-year Navy Option NROTC scholarship to NCSU, and I am wondering if Midshipmen that are on scholarship actually receive Military like I.D.s?

If anyone has any input it would be great appreciated.

Thanks

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
Yeah you need one to go on summer cruise. I dont know if they issue the "new" CAC ID's now to nrotc mids or not; everyone I knew in nrotc got the old school ones since we were technically in the reserves, unlike the Academy. Your unit will arrange it, dont worry

vdubtc

Ok awesome. Are Scholarship students on like a different standing than any student that just signs up for NROTC? I saw people saying that only scholarship students would have them or something like that?

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
College programmers (those without a scholarship) do not go on cruise until they either get a scholarship or pick up advanced standing. Therefore they don't get an id until one of those things happens.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
College programmers (those without a scholarship) do not go on cruise until they either get a scholarship or pick up advanced standing. Therefore they don't get an id until one of those things happens.

Maybe things have changed, but when I was a college programmer, I still got an ID, it just wasn't the old school red ID.

I'm sure I had to turn my green ID in when we transitioned to CAC, but I always wished I had been able to keep it for nostalgia.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
CPers didn't get the old school ID cards unless they were headed for a cruise at my ROTC.

vdubtc

Since were talking about the summer cruise, what do midshipmen 4/c get to do on their summer cruise? Generally how long is it? Im headed to NCSU for New NROTC student orientation in just a few weeks! Its going to be hard work, but Im up for a challenge.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Since were talking about the summer cruise, what do midshipmen 4/c get to do on their summer cruise? Generally how long is it? Im headed to NCSU for New NROTC student orientation in just a few weeks! Its going to be hard work, but Im up for a challenge.

It's actually your 3/c cruise, as once you complete your first year, you're the next "rank" up. Typically it's a CORTRAMID cruise where you'll be exposed to the Marines, subs, the surface Navy, and aviation for a month, one week each. If you're med up, chances are pretty good you'll get a flight in a T-6/T-34. Some score additional rides. I think you'll get to play grunt for a few days, too.

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
And if you're very lucky, you might score a ride in an -18 like my buddy did. You'll also get a couple helo rides between marine and aviation week, at least I did

Renegade One

None
Hello All, I am new to the forum ...and I am wondering if Midshipmen that are on scholarship actually receive Military like I.D.s?
Um...I guess I'll "take one for the team" here...

Why do you ask or care? Do you really think gas is that much cheaper at the on-base service station, or what?

If you think it's gonna impress chicks, well, then, yeah...it will.:)

vdubtc

Hahaha
Um...I guess I'll "take one for the team" here...

Why do you ask or care? Do you really think gas is that much cheaper at the on-base service station, or what?

If you think it's gonna impress chicks, well, then, yeah...it will.:)

Haha I know that new guys on the forum sometimes look ignorant and all that, but I thought you were gonna be super harsh by just reading the first part of the post, haha.

The reason why I had asked was because I was just curious. My brother is active duty army and he gets discounts all the time by brandishing that thing. The part about it impressing chicks, thats GREAT to know as well :D

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
FYI, I think it would be a tad bit douchey to flash the mil id to get a discount when you're only a mid in nrotc. I mean, come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.