• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Mid-Nov 2015 IDC Rolling Board

zack13usa

I heard from my OR and Processing officer that an IDC rolling board predicted to take place around Mid Nov 2015. Stay put for more in the coming days prior to the board being convened.

exNavyOffRec

IDC boards aren't rolling, they have a set date, they just can't decide to have a board because the kits have to be downloaded and sent on a CD or other media device to the board members, I believe the due date has already passed.

Edit: just because a date is on the schedule doesn't mean it will happen, it isn't uncommon for dates to get pushed for designators like IDC and Supply.

The due date was 11/4 so the processors will take about a week to get the rest of the kits reviewed and pushed to the PM, then give them a week to finish reviewing, then download and mail, that will put it right about Thanksgiving week, nothing happens around then, so you are then looking about the beginning of Dec which is when it should happen. The only way I could see it happening earlier is if they decide to not select for some designators or they have NRC do an auto cut.

Last edited:

zack13usa

The due date was 11/4 so the processors will take about a week to get the rest of the kits reviewed and pushed to the PM, then give them a week to finish reviewing, then download and mail, that will put it right about Thanksgiving week, nothing happens around then, so you are then looking about the beginning of Dec which is when it should happen. The only way I could see it happening earlier is if they decide to not select for some designators or they have NRC do an auto cut.

Thanks for the clarification, you're right a week or two won't make a lot of difference

Hair Warrior

Contributor
... because the kits have to be downloaded and sent on a CD or other media device to the board members.
Really? They mail discs containing candidate PII through the Post Office, FedEx, or UPS? Wow.

Someone give me the phone number for BUPERS because I have a process-enabled, security-enhancing, time-saving, cost-avoiding solution to sell them that rhymes with "SharePoint."

exNavyOffRec

Really? They mail discs containing candidate PII through the Post Office, FedEx, or UPS? Wow.

Someone give me the phone number for BUPERS because I have a process-enabled, security-enhancing, time-saving, cost-avoiding solution to sell them that rhymes with "SharePoint."

actually yes, and it is common practice not just with the military but in corporate america as well, and we are talking FedEx with tracking and such.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
actually yes, and it is common practice not just with the military but in corporate america as well, and we are talking FedEx with tracking and such.
Still seems too costly and doesn't permit continuous editing/ comment capture/ status tracking.

The USAF uses TMT, and while it isn't loved by Action Officers, it works better than burning CD-Rs or sending Outlook emails.

P.S. TMT even works on SIPR.

exNavyOffRec

Still seems too costly and doesn't permit continuous editing/ comment capture/ status tracking.

The USAF uses TMT, and while it isn't loved by Action Officers, it works better than burning CD-Rs or sending Outlook emails.

P.S. TMT even works on SIPR.

no editing is needed, it is strictly needed to view the applications, size restrictions prevent (or did) the emailing of applications, remember we are talking what has been up to 1000 applications and to ensure they are all seen they are required to be on the same file/CD's.