• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mid Humor

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Attached some items that have been circulating as of late... the first two are older items, appearing in The Log in 1989, but they are still pretty funny and always applicable. The Mascot one, that happened this year at Army Navy... everyone saw it, everyone laughed. Glad it got captured on film. The Ralph Lauren one has been spotted in several magazines and the model in several different poses, leaving everyone scratching how "cool" clothing is designed.

Attachments

• n12006485_31301734_4514.jpg
    n12006485_31301734_4514.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 527
  • n12006485_31301738_5660.jpg
    n12006485_31301738_5660.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 561
  • n12006485_31301743_2830.jpg
    n12006485_31301743_2830.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 596
  • n12006485_31301745_1765.jpg
    n12006485_31301745_1765.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 609

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
Still isn't around. Shipmate wrote an article a couple months ago I remember reading while on mate, and it was talking about the history of The Log. Given the way things are going right now, I can't see it coming back anytime soon. We'll see...

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
No that's actual civilian clothing. I wouldn't have believed it myself except I saw that thing sitting on a rack in a clothing store. Had to look at it twice before I realized it wasn't an actual set of FDB's. Still makes you wonder though...

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
No that's actual civilian clothing. I wouldn't have believed it myself except I saw that thing sitting on a rack in a clothing store. Had to look at it twice before I realized it wasn't an actual set of FDB's. Still makes you wonder though...

I've never seen it, but I wonder how I'd react if I saw a woman walking around in it...

phrogpilot73

Had to put it in the cart to see the price. They want $159 for that!! I guess that means I can sell mine (yes, I still have it) for big money... Especially since I was a striper dork.

On another note, if anyone knows where I can find a copy of the ad that The Log did for the submarine service, the one where it's something to the effect of "We get our officers the old fashioned way, we bribe them." I'd love to see that again!

c9ccc977

pilot
I still remember when all the old copies of the log were confiscated. There was some attempt at a revitalization of the log online with a digital salty sam, but that didn't fair too well.

Junior

pilot
Yeah, they did a big article in the Annapolis newspaper about the digital version, even interviewing Salty Sam. It went so far to say that the administration had traced the online version of The Log to some service provider out of California; who refused to give up any names. It was a pretty good website, but once the heat got turned up the updates stopped. We're talking 2000-2003 timeframe. Can't remember exactly.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ah, yes. The philosophy of "pointing out low morale is what's causing low morale," and "it's the cynics that cause the cynicism". The Boat Skool didn't teach me much useful about the Navy, but it did dull my surprise at some of the stupidity you find in the Fleet.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Ah, yes. The philosophy of "pointing out low morale is what's causing low morale," and "it's the cynics that cause the cynicism". The Boat Skool didn't teach me much useful about the Navy, but it did dull my surprise at some of the stupidity you find in the Fleet.

I agree wholeheartedly. I didn't graduate feeling like I would be a better line officer from any tactical viewpoint, but I did feel like my sense of shock at the stupidity of other was dulled significantly.

phrogpilot73

Since I'm a "Mr." and generally untouchable with regards to the UCMJ, and especially the Naval Academy... Gentlemen, here's my gift to you - an interview with (then)Capt Gary Roughead. Use it at your own risk...

My favorite part of the interview:
How many times did you jump the wall?
Uhh... no comment.

Attachments

• CNO LOG Interview.pdf
    461 KB · Views: 146

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Heh...I remember that issue.

"Good Time Gary" was a hell of a comedown after Randy Bogle, but he was a decent Dant. Boring, but decent. Hearing him talk on TV now gives me flashbacks to the morning quarters 1MC announcements, circa 1998.

phrogpilot73

Heh...I remember that issue.

"Good Time Gary" was a hell of a comedown after Randy Bogle, but he was a decent Dant. Boring, but decent. Hearing him talk on TV now gives me flashbacks to the morning quarters 1MC announcements, circa 1998.
Found three issues of The Log while I was going through some of my boxes in our storage area. I thought some people would enjoy that, seeing as how he's the CNO now...

I don't think ANY Dant can rise to the stratospheric popularity of Randy Bogle, no matter how hard he tries. I went through flight school with his son, and his habit of picking up tabs in the bars for mids extended to Marines in P-Cola at times... :D