• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MicroSoft Office Deals

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Just got a new laptop and learned that MS Office is now subscription based for $99.99/year. They offer a military discount for $69.99/year but that still seems outrageous. Does anyone know of any better deals out there, specifically if I use a .mil address?

exNavyOffRec

Just got a new laptop and learned that MS Office is now subscription based for $99.99/year. They offer a military discount for $69.99/year but that still seems outrageous. Does anyone know of any better deals out there, specifically if I use a .mil address?

That whole subscription thing blows, glad I bought a few home use programs via work before it changed.

I just looked at my corporate discount and it is also 69.99 a year.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Google Docs/Sheets/Slides is free.
LibreOffice is free.

Office 2019 (no subscription) is $150+ depending on features.

One way to think about Office365 is you’re paying for an email address, cloud storage, and continually updated productivity software.

(I know some people who run their businesses on Google, more who use Office365, and zero who use LibreOffice.)

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the replies. I found Office 2019 for $59.99 at appsute.com

Probably as good as it's going to get.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Office military HUP has changed recently, and I don’t remember the details, but it’s still a good deal. If you google Office HUP, you’ll get the scoop.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
The 30% discount for the yearly subscription is the new HUP that went into effect this year. @squorch2 was accurate about paying for cloud storage and other stuff. I just wanted to be able to use Word and Excel.

The price that I found was a Christmas price. I'll let you guys know if I find anything better.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
The NEX usually carries a non-subscription version of Office (but not Pro) for $70 or less...often on sale for $50, and it lets you install on 5-6 computers, including a mix of Windows/MacOS.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
The 30% discount for the yearly subscription is the new HUP that went into effect this year. @squorch2 was accurate about paying for cloud storage and other stuff. I just wanted to be able to use Word and Excel and most of all, powerpoint.

The price that I found was a Christmas price. I'll let you guys know if I find anything better.

FIFY :D

Merry Christmas!