• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MH-60S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim

Has anyone out there flown the 60S or have been stationed in Guam. It seems that Guam would be a nice place except for that it's out in the middle of no where. Also what types of missions do the MH-60S fly, is it mostly cargo and SAR? Any info is appreciated, I have to put in my selection in a few weeks so info on any of the other choices would be great too. Thanks.
-Kim

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I got to fly with an MH-60S FRS for my 1/C cruise this past summer. It is one COOL bird. Glass cockpit, cool-ass AFCS, and just plain fun to fly. I know they were training up on tactical stuff. We did a mock gun attack on a passing train (no guns, just the pattern). The guys said they'd probably be doing SpecOps and all sorts of cool stuff, just like the CH-46 did. I was out on NAS North Island with HC-3 "The Packrats". Very cool bunch of guys.

Navy ROTC Guy

echosierra

Kim,
I just happen to fly the MH-60S right now out of Norfolk. The primary missions at the moment are SAR, Logistics(pax,mail,cargo), and VERTREP with secondary missions of MEDEVAC, naval special warfare (NSW), and non-combat evacuation. That's just right now, there is a lot of room for expansion.
I just noticed when you originally posted, so you're probably well into whatever platform you selected right now. Anyway, let me know if there is anything else you would like to know on this topic. I consider myself experienced with the helo having flown it over the past year and change, gaining over 500 hours in it, and even deploying with it.

Good luck in your new squadron!

Kim

Thanks for the reply, I'm down the street at the mh-53 frs right now. Thanks anyways!

bsteach

Hey Fly Navy, my cousin was just transferd to HC-3 on NASNI. I went out there too and it sure is great. He is going to Guam...rescue swimmer. The 60S is a great bird, and as someone else said...all glass cockpit which is a great thing. Anyway, if anyone is lucky enough to fly on them, good for you-have a blast

Status
Not open for further replies.