• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Meridian??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Jack or Matt,

I just finished with Primary and will be heading out to Meridian for the TS in a couple of weeks. Just wondering if you could give me any insite on places to live or anything. Do you have to live in the Q for a while like they do in K-ville or can you get an apartment when you get there.

Thanks

Jeff

Jack

Jeff - Congrats on clearing another hurdle on your way to wings.

There are quite a few options you have as far as living arrangments. You could live in the Q IF you want to. Best of luck to you with that if you choose to go that way.... There are quite a few apartment complexes on HWY 39 (one of the main thouroughfares in town). Northwood and Woodlawns are just two that I can thing of right off the bat. We call these the dorms or the offbase Q becasue so many studs live in these two complexes. The are right next to one another. If you feel like putting in some more work you can come up and try to find a house. A lot of guys do pretty well with renting houses if they get a couple of others to go in on it with them.

Rent for a typical two bed/two bath here will be about $600 a month - so split that with a roomate and your doing fine with the $420 a month in BAH you'll be getting as a single 0-1.

Good luck and congrats, let me know if there is any thing else I can help out with.

jack

jec

Jeff

Thanks for the input.

Now, how do you guys feel about the TS at Meridian. I am very nervous about starting out in the T-45C. Just seems to be an enormous jump from the T-34. Although my room-mate is going to the boat this month out of K-Ville and had no major problems with the t-45A, but he road backseat in a t-45C on an ACM hop last week and said it blew his mind trying to figure out what was going on with the instrumentation. I assume if thats what I learn on it wont be a major problem, but what do you guys think about it.

jeff

Jeff

Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I wont start up until May so I should have plenty of time to play around in the sims for a while. Best of Luck to you guys.

Jeff

Jeff

How to break down selection... you really can't. The week I selected it was pretty much to the Navy's ideal selection. We had 26 guys select and the breakdown was: 8 Jets, 2 E-6, 4 Prop and the rest Rotors. At the selection brief we were told that Navy wants 35% Jets, 24% Prop and the rest Rotors. With about 20 E-6 slots a year thrown in. Jets were given from the top down to around a 54 (I had a 60). However I do know a couple of guys with really high NSS that didnt want jets though.

However I saw a selection in Jan were there were 2 jets, 1 Prop and 18 Rotors. On the other hand, in yesterdays selection 6 out of 8 guys went jets. As per CNATRA if you have a 56 they will give you jet pipeline, but that also includes the E-2/C-2.

As for prior time, I had a half an hour in a Kitana before OCS. The vast majority of guys have no flight time, but to me it seems that the guys with the time usually get better grades. Just dont come in with an attitude thinking you will smoke the program and dont need to study. I did have a friend that had a 62, but his CO didnt like his attitude during primary because he thought he didnt have to work very hard and thought he already knew everything, so the CO would not sign him off to fly jets.

Like they say selection is moe about luck than anything.

Jeff

beau

I really dont know if this has been covered in detail, but how exactly do you get "points" in your NSS. I think of what I remember reading was something along the lines of getting so many aboves {or belows for that matter} during each phase of training. So how do they corolate a number with this? Can you have a pretty good Idea of how your doing on your NSS half way through primary?

Finch

GO SOONERS!!!

Jeff

Your NSS is based of how far above mif you are. However, each squadron grades slightly differently and your actual NSS is based on the last two or three hundred people who selected out of your squadron. Then they throw all of the squadrons into a bell curve and ajust the scores again. You can find out an idea of where your NSS stands throughout training but you really wont know until you select. Hope this helps out some. All you can do is your best and hope thats enough in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.