• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Meridian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Just a little update from the booming metropolis of Meridian Mississippi.

After 3 wonderful weeks of leave I came back and started in Advanced Ground School. As many of you in the pipleine and fleet know, Ground School is one those neccessary(sp?) evils, however I've found so far that VT-7/Boeing/Lockheed/CNATRA have finally figured 'it' all out.

This is by far the best Ground School set up that I have experienced in my brief career. The material is all covered in a much more practical manner and a much more logical flow. Many of the lessons are taught on a computer, something similar to the software used at Whiting during Primary. You move through it at your own pace and are free to review/repeat it as often as you need.

There are several tests during the four week ground school period. Systems, ONAV, and Aero are the only three that factor into your NSS. Someone with too much time on their hands figured out that each of those three exams carries the weight of seven flights. Of those three I have only taken the Systems test to date. I got 77 out 80 questions correct, I believe that is a 96%. I got the second lowest grade in the class- ouch

After Ground school we will be moving into Instruments, BIs, RIs, and ANs. This whole block will take about a month and a half. AN-12X is the Instrument Check and successful completion of that flight leads to a Standard Instrument Rating.

FAMS, FROMS, TACFORMS, NIGHTFORMS, ONAVS, WEPS, etc all follow.

The T-45C is an amazing aircraft. Surely it has its problems (namely only having one engine) but for the most part it is a great jet. Feedback from the Hornet and Harrier RAGs has been very positive concerning the quick transition that guys are making from one glass cockpit to another-quicker for Meridian guys than Kingsville guys.

Now if only we could get some decent bars in this town.

jec

Jack

SEPTMEBER 24.

Well ground school has come and gone. It really wasnt all that bad. The tests are pretty straight foward and the gouge going around is GREAT!

I started in the simulators last week with a couple of cockpit orientation events - which quickly turned into rocket attacks on HWY 45 - gotta love the visual sims.

I had three EP (emergency procedure) sims last week as well. I've found that dealing with EPs in this aircraft is a lot different than anything I've seen before. The T-45C, for the most part, tells you exactly whats wrong with it. There are only a few procedures that are laden with bold faced memory items. For most emergencies the first step is to take a deep breath and reach for the checklist.

I should start BIs this week and be in the jet for the first time in 8-10 days.

jack

jec

Jeff29

Science Project
Jack,

Any word on when the TS program will start up at Meridian? On one of Meridian's web pages it says early FY02.

Status
Not open for further replies.