• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Meridian vs. Kingsville vs. C.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jthomps1

Can anyone tell me what determines whether you go to Miss. or Texas for intermediate/advanced training? Can you submit a preference, or is it just based on class openings at the time?

Are there any major differences between the training at the different locations?

Thanks for the help!

BeanFighter

pilot
You go to Meridian or Krock because of 1: needs of the Navy/Marine Corps, 2: performance against peers and 3: your desires.
The T-2s are going away in Meridian, may only be T-45Cs now. Krock is T-45As, T-2s have been gone for 7 years.

Dave Shutter

Beanfighter...

Is it a general rule that Whiting Jet selectees go to Merididan and CC guy go to K-ville? If I were to get so lucky I think I would rather to to K-ville than Meridian. Is it close to CC? Also, how backed up are the Jet VT's now and what are the avg. scores to get in nowadays? There was a big restriction on the number of guys getting jets the last couple months but I hear it's opening up again. Thanx.

BeanFighter

pilot
You have an even chance of going to either jet base regardless of primary locale. Krock is a mere 45 mi. from Corpus and there is no pool at the current time. Don't know about Merid. The number of aboves needed to get jets will be determined by who else finishes primary the same week as you. Our PTR has dropped a bit from last year but we continue to start a new class of 4-5 souls every couple of weeks.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
The T-2's at Meridian are only being used by e2-c2 guys. The tac air folks are using the t-45c. BF, what was your nss and where did you do primary?

Dave

Jeff

Dave,

Just as an example, when I selected we had 8 guys go jets out of CC and only one of them went to Krock the rest of us all went to Meridian, I think there were 2 guys out of Pcola and 1 went Meridian and 1 Krock. All but one of us put down Krock as our first prefrence. So its all up to the Navy, but if I had to do it again I would put Meridian just to fly the 45C.

BeanFighter

pilot
Dave,
No idea what my NSS was in (tooo long ago) but I had about 60-70 net "aboves" at Corpus. A Marine 1 week before me had 135 and 1 week after had 95, it was my lucky day.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Hey, whatever it takes! Luck, skill, praying or a combo of all of the above.

Dave

KyleP

Guys,

Just to clear a few things up. I'm in Meridian in vt-9. Both squadrons, VT9 and VT7 are doing the TS program but all that VT7 flys is the T45C. Usually what happens is a SNA comes in and starts in VT9 with the T2 and then goes to VT7 to get their wings in the T45C. All of the E2/C2 guys as of December 2002 are going to Kingsville. I put in for Kingsville and got Meridian and I had a high NSS so its all about the needs of the Navy. I also tried to switch to TS when I checked in but they wouldn't let me, I guess the TS was all full for the next few weeks. I have no idea how the pools are going now and yes the navy is still putting SNA's in the buckeye, for how long, no one knows not even the CO of VT9. Hope this helps.

Kyle

Rainman

pilot
MAN! All the studs now are having a hard time justifying what to put down (J1 vs J2). And then selectees don't even get what they ask for more often than not. . . .quite confusing.

If there aren't clear cut advantages / disadvantages for professional reasons, how about social reasons? Any decent hangouts in either place?

KyleP

Hangouts, humm there are a few more place to go vs. Kingsville. There is HoJo's, Cressent City, The Midnight Sun (black listed) and then JJ's (HAHA). In Kingsville there is only one place, the luau. But in Kingsville there is CC about an hour drive away. Oh one more thing, there isn't an o'club in Meridian but there is one in Kingsville. Over all I have been to both places and they both suck, except the fact that Jets fly there. All in all just be glad you got jets.
eyebrows_125.gif

Kyle

Rainman

pilot
Yeah, definitely -- it wouldn't matter to me; just that you have to put down a preference! Luckily I have other things to worry about! Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.