• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Meridian, MS vs. Kingsville, TX

ckUSNwife

Does anyone have any information as to which base is best overall as far as geographic location, jobs, housing, etc.?

incubus852

pilot
Check this thread for info on the area and housing:

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145598

As far as Meridian's geographical location, it's in the middle of the pinebelt in MS. There's not much around. Some larger cities, i.e. Pensacola, Birmingham, New Orleans, Memphis are within a decent driving distance (3-5) hours. On check-in, we were told that the office on base responsible for placing spouses in temporary jobs has a VERY high success rate... however, the jobs aren't the best because they know you'll be leaving in a year and a half or so. So most of the jobs are $10-14 / hour with no benefits. But you're a dependent so you don't really need the benefits, right?

Housing. Check that thread. Housing is hit or miss I've found but good stuff is there, you just have to find it.

Honestly, both places are pretty shitty... Meridian is greener, Kingsville is closer to Corpus (a resemblance of a night life). But having a spouse usually means you're over the bar scene... so...

PM if you have any specific questions... once again, I'm in Meridian so I can answer related questions much better than K-rock.