• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Meridian living?

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
I'm currently in the wonderful process of finding a place to stay in Meridian. Is it cheaper/smarter to rent a house or an apartment? It was defiantly smarter to rent a house here in Milton. Any recommendations on good and bad apartments? Due to the trip out to Lemoore and classing up on the 26th, it looks like I’ll have no free time so any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Go in with 1 or 2 dudes and rent a house. There are only two apartment complexes worth living in in Meridian and they're overpriced.

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
I'm currently in the wonderful process of finding a place to stay in Meridian. Is it cheaper/smarter to rent a house or an apartment? It was defiantly smarter to rent a house here in Milton.

I agree that, if you intend to rent, getting a house with a couple others is the way to go. However, when I was stationed at VT-7, we had a couple pairs of students who bought a house and then rented it when they left. We had another pair who bought and then they both wound up as SERGRADS, and they too rented it after they left. We also had two students who bought on their own. One was married, and I heard they kept it for about ten years or so and made a great return on investment. The other was single, but then had three other IPs and a student rent rooms so that it paid for itself.

Just a thought. Meridian is growing and is a pretty well kept secret among civilians. I know a couple who have bought homes on golf courses there, having moved from Jackson and New Orleans, because of the value for their money and because they like the small town atmosphere with lots of outdoor sports available, military presence, and proximity to larger cities.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your best resource is the housing office at NAS Meridian. They are a major hookup when it comes to finding a rental house. It is required to check-in with them on your arrival at base anyway, partly because the realtors in town can either be A) shady or B) have no information. Trust me, the housing office is the way to go.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
IJust a thought. Meridian is growing and is a pretty well kept secret among civilians. I know a couple who have bought homes on golf courses there, having moved from Jackson and New Orleans, because of the value for their money and because they like the small town atmosphere with lots of outdoor sports available, military presence, and proximity to larger cities.

So you can all expect lots of noise complaints in the near future, enjoy.