• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Medical question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Mullins

After reviewing my medical records MEPS recently turned me down to be seen for a medical. Stating that I would need a waiver. When I asked what the reason was they said DOD 6130.4. After looking up 6130.4 I realzed that this covers all medical problems. The only reason I can assume that I was turned down is for a fusion of the spine.

When I looked up fusions it states that you may be turned down for a fusion of more than one vertebre. I have only one vertebre which is fused. It goes on further to say "Any surgical fusion 81.0P is disqualifing"

So, my question is what exactly is a fusion 81.0p and where can I find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

twidget

Deskaholic
Charles,

The way I read the instruction it states congenital fusion involving more than two vertabrea, or ANY surgical fusion, is disqualifying. So, if you have only two vertebrea fused from birth, your safe. If any surgical fusion was performed you will need a waiver.

Daedalus

Charles,
When you say medical records, did you volunteer that on your medical questionnaire, or did they track that down, or both?
Thanks~

Charles Mullins

I had to give them the medical records for my back because there is a visible scar from the surgery. Couldn't hide that one.

Originally posted by Daedalus
Charles,
When you say medical records, did you volunteer that on your medical questionnaire, or did they track that down, or both?
Thanks~

Charles Mullins

Thanks that helps alot. I just wasn't sure what they were refering to in saying 81.0P But now from your post I think that the numbers are not really that important.

Thanks again for your help
Charles

Originally posted by twidget
Charles,

The way I read the instruction it states congenital fusion involving more than two vertabrea, or ANY surgical fusion, is disqualifying. So, if you have only two vertebrea fused from birth, your safe. If any surgical fusion was performed you will need a waiver.

Enrique

Hi

Just a small question, how much do they track your medical record? Since you are a little kid or how.

I broke my arm once and I was in nother country and I was like 6, And if I say I broke my arm, I wont be able to give any Documents from the Doc because I don't have one, and that Hospital is no longer there, remember this happen in a difrent country. And I'm sure they will ask more questions.

Will they eventully find out? Do they scan your hole body with X ray?

My arm is fine 110% I do every thing with this arm,I even help my girl friends get more pleasure with arm. jajaj
bouncy_125.gif

Well I hope you guys can help..
alien_125.gif

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
I would not worry about it, they do not put you in a magic box that finds all old injuries. As long as there are no remaining issues witht eh arm, don't worry about it.If you got a NROTC scholarship Enrique you are already fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.