• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Medical exam during API

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappu411

Naval Aviator
Does anyone that has gone thru API know what the Phys is like? is it similar to what they do to you Prior to OCS and during OCS??? What do they do in API that is different from the past meps / phys exams... and what if you dont pass, then what.. anyhow just curious, some one shoot me back when u get a chance..Thanks

Tony

Kim

If you are talking about the medical physical you only do one during OCS. If your birthday is during OCS or API you might have to do another (every year on your the month prior to your birthday) but it is short compared and you shouldn't have any problems passing it. The big one is before OCS.

jwilliamsee

What do you mean the big one is before OCS? I am off the street and know that I will be getting a "flight physical" sometime. I have an April 5th OCS date for a Pilot slot. The only physical I had was meps and it was no flight physical. I think the big one is in OCS and then again in API. Who knows what the medical schedule is like during OCS and API? I think john has a pretty good break down in his gouge links but he doesn’t talk about OCS. I guess I was wondering when I know I made it past all the medical stuff and was officially accepted. It sucks that I have an 8-month wait and don't even know for sure if I can pass my flight physical. I don't have anything I am worried about but I have heard stories about people not passing for stupid reasons. Anyone that can shed some light on this would be appreciated.

Kim

The first few days of OCS you will have your flight physical. Everyone goes to medical for an initial physical yours will just be a little extra. If you failed an eye test or something you should find out when you fail it, but blood tests and that take a time to be analyzed. I don't think there is one in API if you come from OCS. Academy and ROTC get one though. At least this was how it was a year ago. I worried about it too, but it wasn't really that bad. The initial flight physical is the big part but you will have a physical every year (although the mins to pass are lower after you have your wings and as you get older). Try not to worry too much. Concentrate on being physically fit so you can go through OCS without hurting yourself. Good Luck

jwilliamsee

Thanks Kim. I know a guy that was disqualified from a marine flight slot because of an under bite and heard of a guy that was disqualified from an airforce flight slot because his eyes were not the right shape even though he had 20/20. Everyone but the navy does their flight physical as part of the acceptance package. It makes you a little uneasy when you have eight months to sit around and think that you might be wasting your time. I think things will be ok... thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.