• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Medical DQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Would certain allergies DQ me from becoming a naval officer and pilot/nfo? I'm allergic to guinea pigs. Not kidding. Other than that I've had no health problems. Just wanted to know the specifcs because I've heard of some people getting DQ for the smallest thing.

erabe07

A big thing with "Allergies" is how severe they are. I have a few food allergies, including mild egg and peanut allergies (not deathly severe). The recruiters in the office all had differing opinions about what extra submissions I would need, and when the board reviewing my application requested more information I simply included a note saying I have grown up with these allergies, know how to manage them and that they require no additional medical attention. I suspect the navy is primarily concerned with having to providing for special medical needs, ie. shots, doctors, etc. I was accepted for SNA in august. I don't know the status of your application, my advice: be honest but don't go out of your way to discuss it. If they want more information they will ask, you don't want them to think its a big deal (but if its only guinea pigs you're probably a lot better off then I was). Hope some of that helped.

Ecks

Thank you. My allergies are far from severe. The worst I suffer from is a stuffy nose. A little off subject..but which commissioning program are you with? ROTC/BDCP/USNA?

Jagraboz

From what I remember of the medical prequal form, the only allergy question was asking about common food allergies. I don't think guinea pigs (or animals in general) were discussed, so you should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.