• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

medical background check

lefthawk

in regards to the medical background check, Do they check only what you give them or do they go above and beyond when checking medical backgrounds for ocs candidates? people say to be honest and to disclose everything, but when checking the nami medical, some things are automatic disqualifiers, so what the hell is a person supposed to do. I have no criminal record, don't do drugs, it just this one little thing that could ruin, my application. This sucks:confused:

There are a lot of answers on the site. people with experience in this matter your advice is greatly needed. be kind in responses.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
...and what is the medical issue?

I hope you aren't thinking of not disclosing it. I'm good at basketball, I could have made millions in the NBA if I was a foot and a half taller. Doesn't matter how good the rest of your stats are, sometimes it's just not in the cards for a reason...

EDIT: I went back and looked at your previous post, if it's an eyesight issue, you don't have a chance. You'll have your eyes checked by a military doctor before you even go to OCS, let alone get near a plane. Look into surgery.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
in regards to the medical background check, Do they check only what you give them or do they go above and beyond when checking medical backgrounds for ocs candidates? people say to be honest and to disclose everything, but when checking the nami medical, some things are automatic disqualifiers, so what the hell is a person supposed to do. I have no criminal record, don't do drugs, it just this one little thing that could ruin, my application. This sucks:confused:

There are a lot of answers on the site. people with experience in this matter your advice is greatly needed. be kind in responses.

usually (key word) if it's disqualifying, it's because it creates a danger either to yourself or to someone else.

It's the hand we are dealt sometimes. Would you be willing to be the person who gets his wingman killed because of a disqualifying condition that you didn't disclose? Honesty is not just the best policy, it is the ONLY policy.

All of that said, pursue the hell out of waivers and don't give up trying if this is really what you want to do. But don't do it at the expense of your integrity.

Best of luck!

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
The waiver process isn't as bad as it may sound. Just be honest from the start.

Affirm. Lot's of stuff is waiverable. I wasn't even qualified for enlistment back in 2000. Wasn't qualified to fly either. Bad eyesight is automatically disqualifying, but so is laser surgery. Waivers are usually easy to get as long as you stay on top of the process, be honest, and answer doctors' questions in as concise a manner as possible.

In the end, the large percentage of people are where they're supposed to be.