• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

mechanical section help

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey guys I was looking for some general tips on the mechanical section. I'm one of those midshipmen who barely eeked by in physics and there were times I was worried that it would be the thing that prevented me from commissioning. I have taken some practice mechanical sections and done terribly and I don't know how to improve. Anyone have any hints/gouge they used for this. I really don't want this to be the thing doesn't let me become an NFO.

Mustang83

Professional back-seat driver
None
I suggest finding someone who is really good at the mechanical section and study with them. They'll teach you how to work the problems

Sarah Ruth

IN the Navy and going to OCS at last!
If you're really clueless on mechanical stuff (like I am) I suggest sitting down with a set of encyclopedias and reading the articles on pulleys, electricity, engines, etc. Take notes as you go along and review them every so often. Doing that helped me to quickly get a good grasp on basic principles since encyclopedia articles are geared toward people who aren't already familiar with the material. The article on pulleys alone helped me get at least two questions right that I wouldn't have known otherwise ;) I also agree about getting somebody to help you!