• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MECEP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatFarmer35

Hello:

I had a question about MECEP. I hanv't been able to find too much infomation about MECEP on the internet.

Is MECEP just like the Marine Corps equivelent of the Navy's STA-21? Can you apply for a pilot slot in the USMC with MECEP and if accepted would have a guarenteed pilot slot after graduation from college?

Thank you for replying.

Crowbar

None
Yes, MECEP and STA-21 are similar.
Yes, I have an SNFO guarantee.

However, getting into MECEP is pretty tough. It's not something you'll do your first couple of years in. I had been in for 7 yrs and had applied for 3 straight yrs before I finally got in. Once you make it, though, it's a pretty sweet deal. Just don't enlist thinking you'll just get into MECEP and that's that, ho hum, no big deal. MECEP is a big deal and takes an assload of work to make it.

manny7_99

Never heard much about MECEP, where could I find more info? anybody got the website? I am curious about the program. Also can you get MECEP before enlisted?
Thank you guys.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Crowbar is your best sourse of knowledge about the MECEP program.

You can not get MECEP before enlisting, as a matter of fact I'm pretty sure you have to be Cpl (E-4) to apply.

Crowbar

None
E5B said:
Crowbar is your best sourse of knowledge about the MECEP program.

Me the best source of knowledge on something? What is the world coming to?

E5B said:
You can not get MECEP before enlisting, as a matter of fact I'm pretty sure you have to be Cpl (E-4) to apply.

There is no minimum time in service requirements for the program, but yes, you have to be at least a Corporal to be eligible.

I don't think there is a specific website devoted to the program, unless somebody made a personal site. (Search for "Jason Grose MECEP" or something to that effect and see if his site still works). Rather than post links that take up three lines each, I'll just tell you what to search for...
"MARADMIN 036/04"
"MCO 1560.15L"

Fire away with any other questions. Also, KBayDog was a MECEP student who has already been commissioned so he may have some more input on the subject.

steveee45

MECEP student
I am accepted in the MECEP and am attending the prepatory school in a week. Like crowbar said, look up MCO 1560.15L and MARADMIN 036/04 on www.usmc.mil That is the starting ground for what information you need to begin your package. It will take alot of time and effort on your part in order to put it together. The order and maradmin have all the requirements you have to meet. If you have any questions about whatever, Ill do my best to answer them.

Status
Not open for further replies.