• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MECEP Questions

NotMaverick

I am finishing up my first year as a MECEP and I want to switch my degree. Originally, I had planned a double major but was denied by my MOI and forced to choose only one. While i was still deciding my major, the school assigned me one of the two degrees I picked, now my MOI said that that was officially my declared major and if I want to double, I would have to take those classes on top of my current workload to graduate in time. This current degree plan will make me graduate by next year. My original double major plan would have me graduate in 3 years. The guidance states that MECEPS were supposed to complete their degree in the most expedient manner possible. However, I just recently talked to a bunch of MECEPErs from other units and practically all of them are squeezing out all four years, some double majoring and minoring, some changing degrees, etc. and their units apparently don’t seem to care. I hate my current classes for my degree and I realized this is not something I want to pursue in the civilian world. I just want to set myself up for success after the Marine Corps is done with me. I also admittedly want to spend as much time as a can with my family, My first year in school has been a blessing when it comes to strengthening my relationship with them.
Is this a unit/MOI specific thing? Is there a ground I can stand on to be able to make that switch? Or am i just stuck with this degree?

Additionally, since technically this is my “junior year” I am submitting my aviation package this June. Would this whole process have to be re-done (re taking the ASTB, re-taking the flight physical) if i did end up extending my time as a MECEP?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thank you

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
However, I just recently talked to a bunch of MECEPErs from other units and practically all of them are squeezing out all four years, some double majoring and minoring, some changing degrees, etc. and their units apparently don’t seem to care.

Just because others "are getting away with it", doesn't mean you should. For STA-21/MECEP, your full time job is to earn your degree and commission asap.