• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

McGuire-Dix Flight Physicals

TruckieFD

Spartan
New to the site, so bear with me!

Currently I am in process for Marine Corps OCC-211 on an aviation contract (Obviously). Due to Pensacola being so backed up, my flight physical results probably wouln't be in until after the tenative date for my selection board. So, my OSO decided to send me and a few other applicants to McGuire-Dix Joint base in New Jersey to have the Flight physical done. At first, I was very disappointed, I mean who doesn't want a free trip to P'Cola. We arrived to McGuire the day before and got some pretty nice housing on base to my suprise. The town around McGuire sucked but we weren't really focused on going out the night before the physical so it didn't matter much.

First things first, and I'll get it out of the way now. My whole family were Marines and Navy, so I have the bias against any other branch growing up. However, the staff at McGuire-Dix 87th Medical Group were fantastic. From the techs all the way up to the doctors were all extremely friendly and helpful. The eye exam is obviously the worst part, but the airmen handling it were great, and helped as much as they could. I sucked at my first attempt and had to retest on the eye chart 2 more times, so the eye doctor writes me up a perscription for glasses to wear while I fly ( I have an astigmatism, but my eye scores all qualified for Navy/Marine SNA) and says I'm better than 20/20 now in both eyes so I'm good to go. Again, you couldn't ask for better staff going through a stressful day such as the Flight Phys. Not to mention, I don't know about Pensacola, but at McGuire the female airmen and docs were pretty easy on the eyes and in abundant numbers. Flight surgeon was good, she did't waste much time and was very pleasant and friendly, minus making fun of me for having a history of Chewing Tobacco, I guess I deserve it...All in all it was eventually an extremely stress free day thanks to the Staff at AFB McGuire-Dix...

So, to those that get sent the path that I did by their OSO's...Don't be disappointed about not going to P'Cola for the flight physical, McGuire-Dix is great and quick too.