• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Maybe the offer of a lifetime!

Ionmeister

I have been wanting to fly as a fighter since i was a little kid. I have been finishing up my undergrad here at the University and have been thinking about flying more than ever these past three years. Flying is what makes me happy. I have pushed and strived through different people with different ranks to where I am right now writing on this forum. This past friday I recieved a call from a Senior Chief (who reffered me to this site) with the United States Navy with an offer for an "Aviation Specific" contract. I would have to go through OCS then Aviation school, RIGHT? Is this type of offer typical in the Navy? Any of you Navy Pilots out there with a word of wisdom pointing in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Have any of you been in my shoes and taken the offer, gone through with it and is now flying for the Navy? What do you guys think?? Your input is strongly considered

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Welcome to the board.

Unless I'm missing something, that Senior Chief can't "offer" you a "contract". You will have to apply and be selected for OCS. That being said, yes, assuming you pass the ASTB and flight physicals, you can go to OCS with an aviation designator.

Also, make sure he's not talking about you enlisting for an aviation rate. You need to speak with an Officer recruiter, if being a pilot is what you want.

For the rest of your questions, try out the Search function. There's hours and hours worth of useful (and not) facts, sea stories, bullshit, advice and opinions from those who have been through the OCS and the Program.

Ionmeister

Thanks gentlemen for all the knowledge, I have spent over an hour just scanning over some of the material and links.. I have got much homework to do regarding studying.. my Officer application is close to being completed as are all my recommendations.. Once again thank you for all the wisdom and keep it coming. Any of you Pilots been in OCS with an aviator designator? How was it?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Thanks gentlemen for all the knowledge, I have spent over an hour just scanning over some of the material and links.. I have got much homework to do regarding studying.. my Officer application is close to being completed as are all my recommendations.. Once again thank you for all the wisdom and keep it coming. Any of you Pilots been in OCS with an aviator designator? How was it?

Yes I was in OCS. It sucks balls. Flying for pay is awesome. Any other questions, feel free to ask. :)

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
OCS is the same for everyone. In my class we had everything from CEC to Aviation.