• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Maybe I should join the circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnerdd972

Just to show you guys how many hoops I have jumped through, (not as many hoops that Dave has been through). I recived a call from Cheif Gus this morning, he said that he recived a message saying that my app was put on hold because I failed the depth perception portion of my physical. Which I all ready knew. However, I retook the depth perception at the reserve center in Kansas City since I am in the Reserves. But,(BIG BUT!)the person that gave me the test was only a HM1 not a physican. And he put my passing grade on a copy of the physical that said I failed the test to start with. So I called a local eye doctor and they gave me TITMUS II test, I passed 9/9. On one portion of NOMI's site it states that Verhoeff is no longer required. Then another portion says that "AFVT, TITMUS II, and Verhoeff are the only authorized tests for Naval Aviation." Does anyone know which is right? I shocked on how many people on this site was given the shaft at MEPS, I was on of them too. Well to finish my story, I took the exam and raced to Kansas City with a letter saying that I passed the eye exam, which is around 130 miles from where I live (It only took me 1hr and 52 mins, Have I driven aggresive oh yeah!) I should also point out that the eye doctor did not charge me for the exam either! I hope that my jumping through hoops has slowed down for awhile.

GM2(SW) Hosehead

Dave Shutter

quote:...Just to show you guys how many hoops I have jumped through, (not as many hoops that Dave has been through)...

Actually Shane, Vicki is still the undisputed hoop jumping champion, I'm little more than a contender. As much as I've had to say about my recruiters; my MEPS physical was one thing they really took care of for me. We hooked up with a Chief from another station who knew my LT., he was stationed at Betheda for 3 years and HE KNEW EVERYONE! We literally ran back and forth throughout the hospital and my 4-5 hour long MEPS physical took 45 minutes! But yeah, it sounds like they're giving it to you hard and deep on the eye test.

D

Jeff29

Science Project
This is according to NAMI:
"AFVT , TITMUS II, Verhoeff, and RANDOT are the only authorized test for Naval Aviation. Test scores are recorded as follows: AFVT A - F, must pass B thru D, and Verhoeff must pass 8 correct of 8 attempts [ 8 /8 ]or 16 correct of 16 attempts [ 16/16 ]. RANDOT or TITMUS to 40 seconds arc. Examinee may wear correction during test."

You can read this and info about waivers at:
http://www.nomi.med.navy.mil/Nami/WaiverGuideTopics/index.htm

gunnerdd972

I just found out that I am Physicaly Qualified for pilot. Now off to the selection board. Every time I hear good news dealing with my dream of flying for the Navy, it like a weight is being lifted off my sholders. Dave, have you heard anything yet? You would think they would want someone as motivated as you ASAP.

GM2(SW) Hosehead

Jared

Hosehead, how did you find out that you were physically qualified? My package is in Tenn right now, and the wait is killing me. If I knew I was physically qualified that would go a long way toward easing my nerves. Anybody have any suggestions on how I can find out what the status of my package is?

Jared

gunnerdd972

Jared, your recruiter should get e-mail about your package as it goes through its many stages in Tenn. Just call him up and ask if they have any on you.

GM2(SW) Hosehead

Dave Shutter

Funny you ask, I called today for the first time a two weeks and no, they haven't heard anything which is still funny because I went straight to the Aviation board. My recruiter is on leave for about the eight time this year, but another Chief said they may be waiting for parts of the app. to be pulled (I'm a re-applicant mind you) or it may be that while technically not dis-qualified in anyway, but not that great looking, I might be sitting in an end of FY "break glass in case of desperate need to meet quota" slush-pile!?

I'm going on 3 weeks now and frankly I've been through so much of this at this point I don't even think about it anymore. I'm planning for the worst and making job/housing plans for the coming year and to be honest with you some of the oppurtunities that have surfaced lately look better than the Navy, after all flying isn't the only thing I love or my only dream, not by a long shot, but we'll see.

Best of luck Shane

D

Status
Not open for further replies.