• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May 2012 DCOIC

android1010

Just wanted to create a thread for the May 2012 DCOIC course. I have a quota number and hope to virtually meet those who are confirmed for this class.

I just read online that DCOIC school is closed until FY13. They didn't say full or waiting list only, but closed. Am I missing something?

I'm not sure. I remember looking at this a few months ago in Jan. after I submitted my packet in order to try and plan out when I could go in order to minmize the impact on my civilian job, it was the same chart. All classes closed.

exNavyOffRec

I found some info out, but it is second hand so take it for what it is worth. New DCO officers in the past when assigned to NOSC in basically an extra billet, if within 90 days they are unable to be moved to an actual billet the individual is discharged, so it appears classes were axed because not enough people that were signed up had been moved to permanent billets, now the way DCO's are being brought in is being adjusted to prevent this but it isn't perfect, if I can get hard info I will post it.