• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

math and science requirements

efini_kid

does the BDCP have math and science requirments like the rotc scholarship?

im an international studies major and my degree plan only requires college algebra and elementary probability and statistics for math. also they only require 2 natural/physical science course but nothing advanced.

i know with the scholarship you need to take 2 years of engineering calculus and 2 years of engineering physics.

do i need to take anything more advanced, or will these classes do?

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Depends on whether you're NUPOC or BDCP. If you're BDCP, you need to graduate with a bachelors. If you're NUPOC, there are science and other requirements because you're going to nuke school.

As far as I know, as long as you're not going nuke or CEC, you don't need anything beyond your major. But I have some advanced math and science under my belt as a poli sci major because I started out in engineering, so it's possible that these requirements were never mentioned to me because I already did them.

redsox06

BDCP SWO
does the BDCP have math and science requirments like the rotc scholarship?

im an international studies major and my degree plan only requires college algebra and elementary probability and statistics for math. also they only require 2 natural/physical science course but nothing advanced.

i know with the scholarship you need to take 2 years of engineering calculus and 2 years of engineering physics.

do i need to take anything more advanced, or will these classes do?

I had the same question around this time last year (I recently swore into BDCP). You DO NOT need any math or science beyond what your major requires. I am terrible at math, and my joke of a math class (for my major) satisfies everything for BDCP. That is not to say that you may need more advanced math once you get into the navy... however, you DO NOT need advanced math and science for BDCP (however that depends only on your major).

Casual

Jammin'
None
You can be in the BDCP program 3 years prior to graduation if you are in a "technical" major, 2 years if you are not. I'm not sure on what the exhaustive list of technical majors is, though.

efini_kid

thanks for the answers guys.

im an intl. studies major specializing in intl. politics and security with a minor in italian.