• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Masters Degree Majors

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
The marginal value of a second master's degree is much lower than the first, for starters.

Maybe you could pull it off, but as mike said, you might end up starting flight school right away and not be able to pull both things off, and you end up either dropping the class or doing poorly in flight school.

The Marine Corps most emphatically DOES NOT care if you get a master's degree in your spare time as far as promotions and such go. So, if you're getting this with an eye towards getting out someday, you have a lot of time to do it. You'll have time to get the master's during your B billet or as part of military PME later.

If you want to use your spare pool and flight school time productively, do some PME. If they let you take AAMO school while waiting, do it. Do the first half of EWS. Get your MCMAP belts. Whatever. The Corps might actually give a crap about one of those. Trust me on this one--it doesn't care about master's degrees.

Deror

How can I make this thread more awkward?
Thank you for the replies gentlemen,

I was under the impression that graduate degrees were more important for advancement, and that my theo degree would be too far off the beaten path. I'll be mothballing the plans for a second degree.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
In the Navy and AF it can be a big deal. In the USAF it's mandatory, or nearly so, to promote past major. The Marine Corps....well...let's just say it'll take a note from your mom saying,"Billy-Bob's kinda smart."