• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Mask requirements

I’ll be going to OCS in a couple of months and I never got the vaccine. Does anyone know if there is still a mask requirement? With or without the vaccine?

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I can't speak to OCS specfically, but as far as I am aware the entire Navy (and I assume DOD) is requiring unvaccinated personnel wear masks at all times indoors.

Sparky1093

Just graduated OCS on June 25th and the mask wearing guidelines changed for us while we were there. I showed up unvaccinated and opted to get it while there, before this guidance all candidates regardless of vaccination status had to wear masks indoors and outdoors. Now Indoctrination candidates are required to wear the mask indoors and outdoors regardless of vaccination status. Upon becoming Officer Candidates and if fully vaccinated and have proof of it you are able to go maskless but you have to have orange tape on your glowbelt, canteen and a strip on your nametag (khakis) denoting that you're vaccinated.

Just graduated OCS on June 25th and the mask wearing guidelines changed for us while we were there. I showed up unvaccinated and opted to get it while there, before this guidance all candidates regardless of vaccination status had to wear masks indoors and outdoors. Now Indoctrination candidates are required to wear the mask indoors and outdoors regardless of vaccination status. Upon becoming Officer Candidates and if fully vaccinated and have proof of it you are able to go maskless but you have to have orange tape on your glowbelt, canteen and a strip on your nametag (khakis) denoting that you're vaccinated.

Thank you for the information! I’m still going back and forth on getting it. If that’s the case I just might not get it. Just wanted some input so I appreciate your feedback. Congratulations on graduating as well

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thank you for the information! I’m still going back and forth on getting it. If that’s the case I just might not get it. Just wanted some input so I appreciate your feedback. Congratulations on graduating as well
Just get it now. It will be mandatory this fall, and your life will be significantly improved by being vaccinated.