• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MARSOC

I wonder also, if applicable in the Marines, which unit is similar to the Army Rangers, and which one is the rough equivalent of Army Special Forces (the guys that wear the Green Beret).

My understanding is that Rangers are Special Operations, but are more like light infantry fighters.

Army Special Forces, however, are not really fighters. Instead, they work to train allies abroad. Of course, I could be wrong.

And Rangers do not typically become Special Forces, correct?

Thanks.

SethB

I wonder also, if applicable in the Marines, which unit is similar to the Army Rangers, and which one is the rough equivalent of Army Special Forces (the guys that wear the Green Beret).

My understanding is that Rangers are Special Operations, but are more like light infantry fighters.

Army Special Forces, however, are not really fighters. Instead, they work to train allies abroad. Of course, I could be wrong.

Thanks.

Dude, I don't get your angle. If you are interested in these things because you think they are cool just google it. Most of what you find will be incomplete or inaccurate but it won't matter because... why would it?

If you want to do these things then sign up and get started.

Rangers are regular infantry on steroids, with the ability to release anyone that can't meet the standards. They have a fairly standard MTOE (google it) that allows them to plug in where any infantry unit would go, or to perform various special operations that typical line units can't.

If you want to be a Ranger Officer, join the Army, become a combat arms officer, excel at it, and you might get picked.

Special Forces performs a full range of missions that include fighting, training, talking and more. They have a different organizational model designed for special operations.

If you want to be a Special Forces Officer, join the Army, become an officer, excel at it, apply as a 1LT(P) and you might get picked.

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

Thanks.

I assume by Rangers you mean specifically the 75th Ranger Regiment. Better to make that clear and not leave it to context in the future, as there may or may not be people who jump down your throat to pull your leg. ;)

With that said, Google can certainly answer these questions and more. For example, here's some of the things Army Special Forces do, straight from the horse's mouth: https://www.goarmy.com/special-forces/primary-missions.html#

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
The OP has a habit of asking questions without bothering to google or do the research. Why do so when people will feed him the answer?

I assume by Rangers you mean specifically the 75th Ranger Regiment. Better to make that clear and not leave it to context in the future, as there may or may not be people who jump down your throat to pull your leg. ;)

With that said, Google can certainly answer these questions and more. For example, here's some of the things Army Special Forces do, straight from the horse's mouth: https://www.goarmy.com/special-forces/primary-missions.html#
Yes, I meant the 75th Ranger Regiment. Thanks.

Dude, I don't get your angle. If you are interested in these things because you think they are cool just google it. Most of what you find will be incomplete or inaccurate but it won't matter because... why would it?

If you want to do these things then sign up and get started.

Rangers are regular infantry on steroids, with the ability to release anyone that can't meet the standards. They have a fairly standard MTOE (google it) that allows them to plug in where any infantry unit would go, or to perform various special operations that typical line units can't.

If you want to be a Ranger Officer, join the Army, become a combat arms officer, excel at it, and you might get picked.

Special Forces performs a full range of missions that include fighting, training, talking and more. They have a different organizational model designed for special operations.

If you want to be a Special Forces Officer, join the Army, become an officer, excel at it, apply as a 1LT(P) and you might get picked.
Thanks, Seth.