• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Married people at TBS

Tomarineforyou

What are the living arrangmentd like at TBS I am married will I be able to live with my wife or is there a barrack style living arrangment

81montedriver

pilot
What are the living arrangmentd like at TBS I am married will I be able to live with my wife or is there a barrack style living arrangment

Learn how to spell too. This is a forum full of professionals and one of the few ways we have to figure out if you are a shitbag or not is through your grammar and spelling.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

If you put similar effort into your "program", you put into filling out your profile; or in your spelling/grammar, you won't make it. Do you ever use a period? .
BzB

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
You'll also maintain a rack and a wall locker in the barracks. It initially sounds like a pain in the ass, but it's a nice to have on those nights where you get done at 11 and need to be back at 5. The frequency of those occassions depends on a lot of factors, mostly how assed up your company staff is that week.

Most married dudes live in Stafford, for the record. Don't rent a townhouse site unseen. Nice townhouses go for the same price as complete dumps, and they can make pictures of dumps look like nice places.

b0pric01

pilot
Take it easy on the guy, he is from Kentucky. Oh wait....

My wife and I have been looking at houses for rent in Stafford and she is getting very excited. Some of those places look super nice, thanks for the advice. I guess we will have to take a trip and check one out before committing to anything.

KBayDog

Quite a few people (myself included) lived in Aquia Terrace. It was ~10 mins door-to-door from TBS. Standard "luxury" apartments in line with local BAH, and a military friendly complex WRT breaking leases due to orders.

Not an official endorsement or anything, but I was happy there for my 6-month sentence at Camp Barrett.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
We lived in a townhouse back behind Lowe's < 5 min. to the gate. I think our BAH was like 1,500 or more and the rent for a 3,000 sq. ft. 4 bed/4 bath was $1000. And I rented the basement to a buddy in comm school.

How are they doing it in the new barracks that are only 2 to a room? Some lucky bastards get a room to themselves if they are partnered up with a married guy or what?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Quite a few people (myself included) lived in Aquia Terrace. It was ~10 mins door-to-door from TBS. Standard "luxury" apartments in line with local BAH, and a military friendly complex WRT breaking leases due to orders.

Not an official endorsement or anything, but I was happy there for my 6-month sentence at Camp Barrett.

I also lived in Aquia Terrace (along with many other guys from my company). I would recommend them if anyone asked. Never had any problems, front office was always helpful, and maintenance wasn't creepy (according to my wife, which you don't realize is important until you have a creepy maintenance guy...).

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK
. . .you don't realize is important until you have a creepy maintenance guy.

+1. Once I had to disturb a maintenance guy on a Saturday morning during college football season, but offered him some of the eggs, bacon, and biscuits (and a beer lol) I had made for me and the gf a few min prior and told him he could watch the game; he enjoyed the food and watched for about 20 min until halftime. This guy was cool, but in hindsight it probably wasnt the best idea; I'm sure there are some movies that start similarly to this. . . =.=

candidate2010

Geo-bachelor...live in a Q, collect California BAH=cha-chng!

Sir, does that mean you had a place in CA while at TBS? I'm wondering because I will be married by TBS and my wife will probably still need to live in our current place which is in Maryland about 75 miles away. Will I be able to get BAH to help pay for our place and be able to stay at TBS during the week? Thanks for the info.