• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marines then Navy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow_hedgehog

Is it possible to join a Marine reserve unit and still go active duty navy once I graduate from college? Would that be a good idea, since I am not around a naval unit, or rotc?

James Johnson

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Yes, you can do that but that all depends on your goals. Are you trying to supplement your income? Are you motivated and just want to shave your head and paint your face green? What are you trying to achieve. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

O-man

I've got an idea- why not join the Marine reserve and then go active as an officer and fly. thats what I did (or should I say Am doing- Ocs June 1st) But Maj. Frumby is right- the Marines is the WRONG place to be unless you really wanna be there. Semper Fi- Lcpl O-man

shadow_hedgehog

Thanks for the info. Naah, while I lack money, it is hardly for the pay. It is for the feeling of being a marine...be one of the best...being something my father or brothers never thought. They were all army. It is not a putdown to them or the army, it is just a "been there done that" feeling, watching all of them progress. Besides, no matter how much I want be a navy pilot, I feel that the marines will teach me a few things that I will not learn in the navy.

James Johnson

Gator

I spent six years active duty in the Corps and am now in the Navy waiting to go to OCS and then flight school. I get a great deal of crap from all of my buddies that were in the Corps and other services. For me getting selected for BDCP and being guaranted a shot at being a pilot was the best thing for to do at the time. Do what you really want to do. Even though my friends give me crap they still respect the decision I made. Good luck!

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Hey Gatorbait,

If you think your friends are giving you crap, just wait untill the DI's get ahold of you at OCS

Dave

Gator

EOD Dave,
Just be glad that I won't be going through OCS with you. You know that I would have mad you my quartdeck partner. Afterall you are the one that talked me into going Navy.

Status
Not open for further replies.