• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marines Aviation

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllenAzali

How does a recent college graduate enter the Marines as a Naval Aviator? Are the recruiters allowed to gurantee a spot in flight school upon completion of OCC and TBS? What is it called?

I had just spoken to my Navy recruiter and he said now is not a good time to apply for an SNA job, because flight school is going to be backed up for a couple of months maybe even a year.

My question is:
Are my chances of getting into flight school better with the Marines?

topher1235

My OSO told me that the Marine Corps is no longer taking any ground contract(but few seem to always open up). So, you would apply for an Air Contract, which means that after the completition of OCC and TBS, you'll be sent to P-cola to begin flight training(with some wait time usually).

Citizen

just talk to the OSO - mine was an amazing help and just laid out everything that i needed to do if i want this

Adrenaline Rush

yeaa, and then go to your local naval officer recruiter and you will walk out scratching your head trying to figure out what the hell just happened...(haha sorry i am bitter i guess)

farkle84

i just graduated from Marine Corps OCS and i passed all the tests for an aviation guarantee. what you have to do is have an SAT score above 1000, pass the Air aptitude test, and i also had to go to Miramar Marine Corps Air Station and get a physical. when i went to OCS. a lot of the flight guarantee candidates didnt have to take a physical due to the fact that there was no Marine Base around or it was feasible. But bottom line, just ask your OSO or check out the Marine Corps website. Marine Officers have to pass OCC or PLC and then go to six months of TBS before even getting to the first parts of flight school. I dont have all the answers. but that is basically what i went through

Status
Not open for further replies.