• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Selection data out of primary

Johny0nThaSp0t

pilot
I have seen data posted illustrating the Marine Aviation 2010 selection data and 2011 forecasts. It was a broad brush stroke document that had a couple of pie charts and graphs, etc. Does anyone know if that was a one time distribution or yearly?

If so, where can I find it? I'm interested in finding out what selections might look like in 7-9 months. (I know, wishful thinking)

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I have seen data posted illustrating the Marine Aviation 2010 selection data and 2011 forecasts. It was a broad brush stroke document that had a couple of pie charts and graphs, etc. Does anyone know if that was a one time distribution or yearly?

If so, where can I find it? I'm interested in finding out what selections might look like in 7-9 months. (I know, wishful thinking)

Just keep working hard and put down what you want #1 at the top. Those numbers fluctuate fairly regularly based on a number of different "data points". When I was selected there was a jet draft simply due to intermediate/advanced class up pool sizes.

Control what you can control and let the rest fall into place.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
C'mon man, you knew the answer to this question before you even asked it. You're already in Primary, so you know there's no way to honestly answer, even if we could throw out some bullshit pie chart showing how many left-handed Marines who were in A CO in TBS got selected for C-130s in March during odd years.

They said it above, work hard man. You may get back to -130s, but you know that's a choice job with few billets. It doesn't matter what you want to fly if you don't have the best grades...sometimes grades don't really help all that much either.

Good luck.

81montedriver

pilot
If you do want Herks, put it down as your top choice no matter what anybody says. When I was about to select, I was being told there were no C-130 spots left for the FY year. I almost didn't even put it down. It still went as my top choice and what do you know? There was a C-130 spot after all! There's no minimum NSS for our community, however because we typically only have 22 spots total per year, (fewer than any other platform) typically you can't be a shitbag. God luck!

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

Even if you could find it, it would be useless to you. Why? Because of production #s for the varying FYs. Depending on when you select you could be placed in a slot projected to completed advanced in a differen FY from the one you're selecting from in primary. That's all CNATRA voodo magic.

Renegade One

None
I think that, statistically, your odds of going to the Blue angels are better as a Herc pilot than as a Hornet pilot…if that's a discriminator for you… ;)

SpankenStein

When you're here, your Family.
pilot
Can location determine your selection, for example two SNAs with the same NSS? Will a SNA out of Corpus be more apt to getting a jet or c-130 slot than a guy in Whiting because of PCS or something to that effect?

Renegade One

None
Can location determine your selection, for example two SNAs with the same NSS? Will a SNA out of Corpus be more apt to getting a jet or c-130 slot than a guy in Whiting because of PCS or something to that effect?
Don't discount Astrological signs…or phases of the moon…or whether or not you have a framed pic of "Chesty" in your locker. No detail too small… ;)

Renegade One

None
So I shouldn't sweat? This is what guys like me worry about! That and GDO.
You shouldn't sweat the stuff you can't control. Until maybe later, when you may have a bit more control. Things…and the needs of the USMC…change. Be ready to smile every time your picture is taken.

Not knowing what GDO may be…maybe you should sweat that? But only of it's something that you can influence.

If I read your Profile Page/Information correctly, "Job One" right now is to earn your NA Wings of Gold. Everything after that is gravy…

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
If only there were a jet base close to Whiting that studs could get to...

It's only 3 hours from Whiting to Meridian.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I thought Corpus guys rated a PCS to Kingsville, maybe not.

Last edited: