• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Officer Essay

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
Hey here's a slightly paranoid question...maybe I'm just overthinking stuff. But on that essay where they want 100 hand-written words on why we want to be officers, do they care if we spill over a little? Or are they looking for our attention to detail and ability to follow orders to the letter? I'm pretty sure they look at that letter a little more in depth than simply what we wrote so I was just wondering. Thanks for alleviating my worries guys.

cmdell

Good question. I know when I wrote mine, I made sure it was exactly 100 words. And remember, they are not looking for answers like "I want to kill terrorists and blow s@#! up" Be up front about you intentions but tell them what they want to hear. You want to lead Marines first and foremost, after that you can drop 2000 pounders on the bad guys.

Good luck on the paper and selection.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I'm having to do this essay too, and I would like to know what else I should put on there. I'm going to talk about Pride in the Corps. I'm proud of our country and of the Marines. I want to lead men in the most fearsome fighting force in the world. etc... I know it's why I want to be a Marine Officer, but if you guys want to throw some ideas around that would be cool. Just a thought.

riley

They are not going to have time to count out 500 letters. My OSO told me to write around 110 words. I wouldn't go above that - but don't worry about it not being 100 words.

Each of you are joining for your own reasons - make sure that you get the point across that you desire to be a Marine first - I wouldn't even mention anything about wanting to fly - that is secondary. EA6-B1 - it sounds like you are on the right track..

Raptor2216

I don't remeber any specific details about my essay but I do remember adding something like, "My ultimate goal is to serve my country as a naval aviator". That was about the only thing I mentioned, which related to flying. I also remeber the essay being exactlly 100 words because my OSO told me to keep it at exactlly 100 words. Whatever they look for when they read these essays was apparently present in mine.

HueyHornet75

pilot
we wrote an essay?

ha ha ha...don't remember what the hell i wrote.
"i want to be the first kid on my block with a confirmed kill"

good luck,
semper fi
happy thanksgiving

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
Thanks for the comments guys, lol, keep them coming!! My essay is revolving around how I want to have a job that revolves around the same comraderie I felt when I was on the rowing team at school. How everything you do is for the other guy righ tthere with you.

reapergm

Another dumb question.. but do "a"'s and "I"'s classify as words on this essay? 100 words and no more is rough! Im so used to writing 20 pagers in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.