• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine nami flight physical

airwarrior125

How come the marines do their nami flying physical for aviation contracts before their package gets sent off to the board.... but the navy don’t do their flight physical until navy ocs.. as an sna, student naval aviator.. they would leave me hanging as a navy flight student relying on until I get ocs.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
How come the marines do their nami flying physical for aviation contracts before their package gets sent off to the board.... but the navy don’t do their flight physical until navy ocs.. as an sna, student naval aviator.. they would leave me hanging as a navy flight student relying on until I get ocs.
Cheaper to find out if you’re qualified prior to OCS then put you through 10-12 weeks of training and orders to Pcola before finding out you might be NPQ. Also projects manning and accession models better based off of attrition at OCS.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Because USMC aviation is much smaller than Navy and USMC has the resources to send people to Pensacola for their physical.

sjwarburton

Late to the game here, but as someone who was a Navy SNA, I screwed myself and got pretty dehydrated before the NHCNE flight physical in Newport. Failed my flight physical. Navy wouldn’t retest me. I processed out, and the Marines flew me out and got me retested. Went well, DQ status reversed, and now I’ve got a Marine flight contract and am set for OCC-238 in September. I wish Navy flew me out ahead of time or wish there was an easier process for retesting since I was already out there. That said, I am a very rare case I’m sure. Just wish I didn’t have to go through the Navy’s 5 week minimum student pool at OCS, where I had to mop and sweep up after the class I was supposed to be in while they took their sweet time processing me out, making me feel bad for not redesignating as an IP. I just have firsthand experience and am so happy the Marines flew me out ahead of time. I think if people really want this dream, then a round-trip ticket to Pensacola and a hotel stay isn’t the worst investment on earth. Again, I’m lamenting on my own personal experience. That said, I’m all in for Marine aviation and I can’t wait to see where it takes me

exNavyOffRec

Late to the game here, but as someone who was a Navy SNA, I screwed myself and got pretty dehydrated before the NHCNE flight physical in Newport. Failed my flight physical. Navy wouldn’t retest me. I processed out, and the Marines flew me out and got me retested. Went well, DQ status reversed, and now I’ve got a Marine flight contract and am set for OCC-238 in September. I wish Navy flew me out ahead of time or wish there was an easier process for retesting since I was already out there. That said, I am a very rare case I’m sure. Just wish I didn’t have to go through the Navy’s 5 week minimum student pool at OCS, where I had to mop and sweep up after the class I was supposed to be in while they took their sweet time processing me out, making me feel bad for not redesignating as an IP. I just have firsthand experience and am so happy the Marines flew me out ahead of time. I think if people really want this dream, then a round-trip ticket to Pensacola and a hotel stay isn’t the worst investment on earth. Again, I’m lamenting on my own personal experience. That said, I’m all in for Marine aviation and I can’t wait to see where it takes me

It is excellent it worked out for you, for the USN it comes down to cost as the USN produces a lot more aviators than the USMC.