• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine flight training process.

Mar96

Hi, after completing primary training in the marine corps flight school, do SNA's pick their next pipeline, or are they selected to go onto a specific pipeline? Are they selected based on needs of the service, or whatever pipeline they personally prefer?

Sonog

pilot
At the end of primary you get your NSS which is your grade. In the Navy, for the most part, if you have above a 50 (which is just above average) you can select jets out of Meridian or Kingsville. The Marine Corps is a whole other story, since there are MUCH fewer jet slots. When I selected in 2013 there were a lot of Marines getting drafted into tilt-rotor. The studs getting jets had pretty absurd NSS's (70+ i.e. top 5 percentile or something).

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hi, after completing primary training in the marine corps flight school, do SNA's pick their next pipeline, or are they selected to go onto a specific pipeline? Are they selected based on needs of the service, or whatever pipeline they personally prefer?

Short answer: ALWAYS the needs of the service. Often times those needs may align with your desires.

Long answer: Mar, I applaud your continued interest and drive in learning all you can about all of the services and which one may be the best fit, but please, do some searching here. You're starting thread after thread that is asking the same questions that are asked all the time and there are some really good stickied threads that will have a lot of these answers. Believe it or not, an unspoken part of the officer application process is initiative. This site has lots of info, but you need to start finding some of this info yourself. Use Google if the forum search doesn't come up with what you want (and it often won't).