• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Corps OCS Reapplication for Leadership drop.

What are my chances.

• Chance to get back in.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No chance at all.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

jaguar268

Well I am Currently a Marine Corps Plc Combined Air-Contract Candidate. I attended OCS previously Plc-Juniors and was dropped on the week 5 Boards for Leadership. I'm trying the best to find out if anyone know's someone who has gotten re-accepted from a leadership drop and would be able to give this candidate some knowledge one how to improve his chances or if he has any. My OSO and his commanding officer are all on board for letting me reapply and go back to OCS . If I have learned anything from barely making the cut is how much more I want it and how i would do anything to get back in their. If anyone has any ideas on how to improve my standing it would be highly appreciated.
Gpa:
PFT:
Leadership Positions:
-Officer of Golden key Honor Society.
-Vice President of my Fraternity.
-Senior Member in Civil Air Patrol.

Very Respectfully,

Candidate F.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Go to MarineOCS.com and ask there. The audience at that forum can give you better answers than we can here.

Renegade One

None
Well I am Currently a Marine Corps Plc Combined Air-Contract Candidate. I attended OCS previously Plc-Juniors and was dropped on the week 5 Boards for Leadership. Very Respectfully,

Candidate F.
You may not want to say, and perhaps you don't even know…but I'm trying to come to grips with a drop on "PLC Week 5 Boards for Leadership". Have no idea what that means…but would opine that it's probably permanently stamped on your USMC record of attrition…which may remain a "high hurdle" to jump.

Any insights? Only if you want to share, of course… Trying to imagine a question or series of questions…or assessment of "attitude and the other things"... that could get one dismissed at that early stage. Doesn't seem right…but Marine PLC/OCS is a process with which I'm not familiar.

Just for the sake of "cheer up"…in June of 1971, at the end of "The Death March" for AOCS Class 25-71…I was sent all the way back to "Poopey-Ville"…to start the process all over again. It was called "Military Hold" in my case…because the powers that were had interpreted my actions on the Batt I lawn to mean that I wanted to "punch out" my DI after we arrived on the lawn at Batt I. Nothing could have been further from the truth…but that's how it was interpreted, and it was the first…of many…"gut checks" for me personally.

15 weeks later, while I was the Batt II Commander (having re-joined Class 26-71, and then after having matriculated to Class 29-71 following 3 weeks of "PT Hold"….) during the "Sports Day" or whatever the inter-battalon shit was called…Major Tom Harmon, USMC (our AOCS "Military Training Sensei"") actually approached me on the field, shook my hand, and said: "I know now that I was wrong, but at the time, I had to support my DIs." He got no argument from me. I understood, and appreciated his personal approach.

Sometimes weird beginnings have laudable outcomes. Sea Stories…shit, I've got a million of 'em… ;)

texags

pilot
I was under the impression that when you get dropped they tell you that you have the option to reapply or they simply tell you that you're not a good fit for the MC. What did they tell you?

jaguar268

I was under the impression that when you get dropped they tell you that you have the option to reapply or they simply tell you that you're not a good fit for the MC. What did they tell you?

I was given the option to reapply! My question is how badly does it affect my chances when I reapply that i was dropped previously.

texags

pilot
I was given the option to reapply! My question is how badly does it affect my chances when I reapply that i was dropped previously.

If they didn't want you to come back, they would not have given you the option to come back. They may not even know you are back for a second time. I know guys who were dropped but were invited to reapply, and now they are doing great things in the MC. Whatever you screwed up the first go around, fix it and you will do awesome.

jaguar268

If they didn't want you to come back, they would not have given you the option to come back. They may not even know you are back for a second time. I know guys who were dropped but were invited to reapply, and now they are doing great things in the MC. Whatever you screwed up the first go around, fix it and you will do awesome.

Thank you really appreciate the information!