• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Corps medical requirements/waivers

getmeinaf18

I recently applied for PLC and went through MEPS. A couple of weeks after my physical my OSO called and told me that I am not qualified because I had a kidney stone about 4 years ago. Almost immediately after speaking with her I jumped on Google and tried to find information about this. I've read over and over again that its only disqualifying if the stone occurred within the last 12 months or there was more than 1 stone, and if so, a waiver is still possible. However, none of the info I found was specific to Marine Corps OCS applicants.

I emailed my OSO about this but she said that for USMC officer programs kidney stones are not waiverable. Does anyone know how I can be sure that this is accurate? I dont want to give up until I can find some official documentation that says it cant be waivered, but I don't want to keep bothering the OSO until I'm sure that what she was told by MEPS isn't 100% accurate.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to speak directly with the MEPS personnel that decide on things like this?