• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Aviation

Status
Not open for further replies.

contrail_dash

I'm thinking about looking into the Marines as a possible path to my own "gold wings". Was just wondering what advice/reccomendations/info anyone could give me. I saw the posts about the Marines looking for pilots...are they not experiencing the full SNA slots like the Navy even though they have the same flight schooling
? Ok I'm rambling now...

info...i need it...please inform me!

19873016.jpg

zerocool

Good luck in your decission, the Marine Corps is an excellent choice. Just remember Semper Fi.

Richard Hoyt

Jeremy

contrail, I am not in the pipeline but I am applying for OCS in the Marines for SNA and all the gouge I see on here says that yes the Marines definitely need pilots right now. I don't know why that is but it seems to be the rumor.

-J

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
My college roommate was commissioned in the Navy in December, he is still in the waiting pool after arriving in Feb. I report to MATSG NLT 22 Jun, and start API on 4 Jul. That is a pretty big difference in waiting time – from what I here, these are some unusual times for the Marines where there is no waiting pool. It could all change within a year depending on how many people join the pipeline… I wouldn’t make that the basis for your decision, there is a big difference between becoming a Marine officer and a Navy officer even though many will fly some of the same aircraft. Any questions about what it is like up until the completion of TBS – drop me a note, I’ve got a little down time up until API starts.
Cheers,
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.