• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Aviation Officer- OCC- College Kid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnt83

I'm a college sophmore looking to become a Marine Aviation Officer. I'm looking for any information regarding the process once I graduate from college. The most important thing I want to know is when will I know that im qualified to become a Marine Aviation Officer,more specifically fighter pilot, before OCC or after OCC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
If you're just a sophomore then you should be able to get into the PLC program or even the PLC-Combined. This will have you commissioned upon college graduation versus having to go to OCC for 10 weeks after grad and then getting commissioned.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
-Col.3:23-

Rainman

pilot
There are huge advantages to PLC over waiting. First off you can find out first and foremost if the Marines are an awesome match for you by going to OCS while still in college (vice waiting and being out of the whole civilian recruiting/interviewing process).

Additionally, you're Pay Entry Base Date (pebd) starts I think right after OCS or when your package gets approved. So instead of being an O1 with 0 time; you can be an 01 with two years upon commissioning. Also, there is a tuition reimbursement program as well as 25 hours of flight training after OCS.

Finally, you'll know all through college that you have an aviation guarantee and can impress chicks in bars with that as Ghost does.

Semper Fi

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Rainman, where did you find your colleges avatar?

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
-Col.3:23-

Citizen

Originally posted by Esper
What is PLC Combined?

For college sophomores (like me) PLC combined consists of two 6-week programs (taken over consecutive summers). Grads are commissioned after college graduation.

For college juniors (who only have 1 summer left in college), the one 10-week PLC session is available. Again, commission is after graduation.

Just think of it this way - PLC: in the summer before you graduate; and OCC: after you graduate.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
PLC combined is the 10 weeks at OCS, right? Then you have PLC Jr's and Sr's which takes place over consecutive summers (six weeks each).

e5b-wife

Jboomer is right. PLC combined goes 10 weeks in one shot pretty much like OCC. PLC jrs and srs is the two 6 weeks program. That's what my husband did. It was nice because he got commissioned the day he graduated. The university even allowed us to do the ceremony at commencement. It was really a nice thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.