• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Avaitor Haircut Regs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSUJON

I know this might sound like a stupid question, but I was wanting to know if Marine Pilots have to keep the same haircut standards as regular marines do? you know High and tight.
thanks alot

Semper Fi

farkle84

if haircuts are something you are worried about in the marines, then i suggest you dont go marines. the navy likes long hair.

Rainman

pilot
High and tight is not required of enlisted or officer Marines. Some sects pretty much require it--it is a point of motivation to many and is nice and low maintenance (in the field, that is -- not going to the barber every week).

All Marines must have 0" of hair at hair line and taper to up to 3" of hair on top. . Of course, Marines are expected to be well within this standard.

It is rumored that "Swinging in the Wing" has slightly less protocol (and slightly more hair) than . . say. . an infantry company. But there are also some major differences. The Enlisted to Officer ratio is much lower (ie, more officers) and the officers have more rank (b/c of all the training before getting to the wing; etc). Obviously ground hard pounders are in the field a lot more, so less hair is kinda nice. . . .

DISCLAIMER. .of course, we can find hair examples on both sides that don't fit that trend. . whew.

That's my 2 cents. GO GET A HAIRCUT -- surely you have other things to worry about!

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Believe it or not, I've had a Flat Top my entire career. 0 tapering to 1 on the sides. According to the regs, a Flat Top is considered an eccentric hair cut and is not authorized. I've never been questioned or told to change the style. As long as you look like a squared away Marine and not Johnny Bag of Donuts (Navy) you will be fine. Use the Commandant as an example, he certainly does not have a high and tight.
Das Frumbinator

Attack Pilot
Major USMCR

ghost_ttu

I would love to have a flat top, unfortunately that just isn't going to happen :(

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Frumby
...and not Johnny Bag of Donuts (Navy)...

TOO FUNNY!!! Ya'll will understand this on your first deployment.

LAND MINES are equal opportunity weapons!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.