• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Malaria Pills

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
Definately screwed up dreams.... even more fun with the whole crew in one tent!

If you aren't on flight status, definately try to get something else. There's supposedly better stuff out there (once a week vs every day and fewer side effects.) Most people had varying degress of digestive issues if they took it on an empty stomach. I never had the sun sensitivity, but some people got pretty burned.

And another side effect I'll mention, although doesn't apply to 90% (?) here- it is an antibiotic (hence the good skin), and therefore negates the birth control pill. (Took me 4 flight docs to finally give me a straight answer on that one.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ugh, doxy kicked my ass... I was one of the ppl that had a bad reaction to it, really bad acid reflux. And yes, I read the directions on how to take it, and not to lay down after popping a pill.

So, I complained to the doc, and got Malarone instead. Much better, I think the cost is something like $3 a pill? :D