• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Magazine titles for iPad?

danpass

I just came across 'Airman' from a Facebook post (free download/subscription etc) and was hoping there was something similar, especially concerning Naval Aviation.

My google search was limited due to simple ignorance, not sure what to search for and a forum title search for 'magazine' wasn't entirely helpful.

Renegade One

None
"Naval History" and the quarterly "The Hook" magazines may be avail for digital readers, but I admit to not knowing.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Naval History" and the quarterly "The Hook" magazines may be avail for digital readers, but I admit to not knowing.
The quarterly Skyhawk Association publication "THE A4EVER", recently became available for download. An 8 1/2" x 12", ~24 pg. magazine covering all aspects of the beloved 'Scooter' & the loonies that flew them. Contains TINS stories, color & b/w photos, A-4 era fleet (1956-'73), training command, & foreign ops. Also great historical coverage of A-4 Yankee & Dixie station ops (1965-'73), in which the 'Tinker Toy' was a major participant.

Go to skyhawkassociation.org for further info on downloading THEA4EVER. The latest edition (Vol. 18*No. 4; Winter 2012-'13), has just been received. A sample article from a recent edition, is attached below as a thumbnail. Enjoy poring through these mags, they are quite interesting & very professional!:)
*Am I biased toward the Scooter... YES, I enjoyed every one of the 13 years wearing that teeny cockpit!
BZB in Skyhawk Journal Summer 2012.jpg A-4C 149567  NK604 VA-146 1966.jpg
BzB

jmcquate

Contributor
I think “Proceedings” is available. Not sure about “Approach” or “Naval Aviation News”.