• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lt. Gary Jon Meyer and Lt.JG Jack Babcock VA-196

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yep..."Lest we forget." Thanks.

I was in the Airwing (CVW-14) on VA-196's previous deployment on CONNIE in '67. The "Main Battery" paid a heavy price on that cruise also, including losing 3 out of 4 A-6s on 1 mission (5 KIA, 3 POW including their CO). A gutsy group, fer shure...1 crew, 2 Navy Crosses!
196.gif
I don't think LT Meyer & LTJG Babcock had joined VA-196 yet. RIP, you are not forgotten.
BzB

View attachment 10923
I was in the Airwing (CVW-14) on VA-196's previous deployment on CONNIE in '67. The "Main Battery" paid a heavy price on that cruise also, including losing 3 out of 4 A-6s on 1 mission (5 KIA, 3 POW including their CO). A gutsy group, fer shure...1 crew, 2 Navy Crosses!
View attachment 10922
I don't think LT Meyer & LTJG Babcock had joined VA-196 yet. RIP, you are not forgotten.
BzB
BzB- LT Meyer had to sit out the '67 cruise because he was struck in the eye by a champagne bottle cork at a party for CO Profilet who was later shot down over Hanoi and became a POW. Meyer and Babcock had actually completed their last mission and volunteered to go on one more. A very gutsy group, indeed..