• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lower your USAA credit card rate

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
Call USAA. Tell them you would like to transfer your balance to "X". (I used Chase). They will tell you your rate is as low as it can go. Tell them you are trying to get your rate to Prime. Wait 5 seconds. Done.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
However, if your credit score is 500, then the above good deal will most likely not be applicable to you.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Better yet ... pay your credit card bill(s) in FULL every month. No exceptions. If you can't -- you are spending over your income.

The result?? No credit problems. No interest rate concerns. Credit card game over ....

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Better yet ... pay your credit card bill(s) in FULL every month. No exceptions. If you can't -- you are spending over your income.

The result?? No credit problems. No interest rate concerns. Credit card game over ....
You sound like my father ... and he was right too!

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When dealing with a credit card company (like USAA has)...it never hurts to ask.

You get no finance charges while deployed. And can usually get your interest rate lowered by, get this, just asking for it.

I always ask...can't hurt.

snizo

Supply Officer
Schnugg - no finance changes ... so when I'm deployed, I can basically not pay a cent on the card until I get back (with USAA)?

Have been wondering what they do about that....

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Well, I don't know about not paying anything. You wouldn't be paying finance charges, but you'd still owe whatever your minimum payment would be.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just no finance charge. Pay the min and then pay it all off when you get back, but for the duration of a military deployment (ship or shore)...no finance charges with USAA. Not bad if you want to buy a bunch of stuff in HK for example.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
RetreadRand said:
A4s...I take it a step further...I don't use credit cards (except for travel)

We use them for everything, pay them off every month and when we travel it's usually free and first class. Something A-4's doesn't have to worry about ;)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
We use them for everything, pay them off every month and when we travel it's usually free and first class. Something A-4's doesn't have to worry about ;)
Ditto on the credit card ... but I worry when I fly .... I worry about the possibility of getting bumped to coach. :eek: The horror .... THE HORROR !!!!:eek:

That's why I freuently "buy" tickets these days when the flight looks "full" ... side benefit: it's nice to be treated like a gentleman, instead of a pass-riding animal. :)

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
Capital One. Use it for everything, then pay it off each month. No charges, plus free airline miles as well for every dollar spent. :)