• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lor

slurvin

It's good cape weather, cool, breezy
I am thinking ahead right now and trying to make applying for Marine OCS as a Freshmen in college next year as easy as possible on me.

My question is should I ask my high school teachers to write a letter or is it an evaluation sheet they fill out? The NROTC MO paperwork I was given had evaluation sheets and did not ask for actual letters from teachers, so is the OCS application similar or not.

Also how many LOR does a competitive applicant necessarily need? I can think of 3 teachers and my principal who would write really good LOR about my character and accomplishments. The problem is I do not know anyone who was/is an O-4 or higher to write a LOR for me so getting a letter from an officer in the military is out. I could get my boss to write one in a few months because I just started this job a month ago. He thinks I do a good job so I bet he would write a good one. Anyone have any other LOR sources that they used when applying?

blarged

ready
I am thinking ahead right now and trying to make applying for Marine OCS as a Freshmen in college next year as easy as possible on me.

My question is should I ask my high school teachers to write a letter or is it an evaluation sheet they fill out? The NROTC MO paperwork I was given had evaluation sheets and did not ask for actual letters from teachers, so is the OCS application similar or not.

Also how many LOR does a competitive applicant necessarily need? I can think of 3 teachers and my principal who would write really good LOR about my character and accomplishments. The problem is I do not know anyone who was/is an O-4 or higher to write a LOR for me so getting a letter from an officer in the military is out. I could get my boss to write one in a few months because I just started this job a month ago. He thinks I do a good job so I bet he would write a good one. Anyone have any other LOR sources that they used when applying?

First off, use the search... plenty on this site in relation to LORs. I applied to BDCP with 3 LORs, two from high school band directors and 1 from my flight instructor... i have read many opinions that say sure its great to get the ranking officer LORs but initially get letters that will truly shine who you really are.