• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looks Like Navy May truly be a no go.

cgoetz

Well there was a lot of stuff mentioned in the original reports. Self harm was mentioned in the intial reports but was later written off. Even when I went to the other doctor in daytona he nver mentioned it in the letter he wrote me for the Navy nor was it ever brought up in any of our sessions together. I even have his notes and I dont remember him ever mentioning it. From what I have been told by other people on here who have been through the same thing is that all about getting the right doctor. My aunt is a nurse and she knows a lot of doctors so I am going to see if she can hook me up.

cgoetz

First off I hope everybody had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!. I thought I'd just post to keep the thread active. I'm at home with family now but planning to return home to Florida at the end of the week. I still have to look for a doctor but the problem is I have to get a job first to pay for him, and you all know how easy it is to get a job these days. I hope that I have the right info that I need to tell this person when I do sit to speak with him. I know I should contact my recruiter too but he is probably gonna tell me the same thing he told me last time. Eh whatever I'll talk to him again. My only concern is whether or not I was even able to apply for a waiver in the first place. I'm probably digging at something I shouldn't and just move foward. I appreciate everyone's help so far. Its meant a lot.

exNavyOffRec

First off I hope everybody had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!. I thought I'd just post to keep the thread active. I'm at home with family now but planning to return home to Florida at the end of the week. I still have to look for a doctor but the problem is I have to get a job first to pay for him, and you all know how easy it is to get a job these days. I hope that I have the right info that I need to tell this person when I do sit to speak with him. I know I should contact my recruiter too but he is probably gonna tell me the same thing he told me last time. Eh whatever I'll talk to him again. My only concern is whether or not I was even able to apply for a waiver in the first place. I'm probably digging at something I shouldn't and just move foward. I appreciate everyone's help so far. Its meant a lot.
Whether they will entertain a waiver or not is a hard one to figure out, often until they have all the data they will not say, I was looking at some old files we are archiving and we had one person that had 4 different psych interviews besides MEPS and N3M said no.

cgoetz

Wow. Thats pretty rough. Four psych evals and still no go. It seems like that person was getting something wrong. I wonder if it has to do with just the way things are now with military budgeting. Thats pretty much what the recruiter I'm dealing now said. They seem to be getting so picy now. Anyway I hope it doesn't take me that many. I hope now I know what ti say to the doctor when see him/her. If anyone has input about what I should say when I go there I would really appreciate it.

exNavyOffRec

Wow. Thats pretty rough. Four psych evals and still no go. It seems like that person was getting something wrong. I wonder if it has to do with just the way things are now with military budgeting. Thats pretty much what the recruiter I'm dealing now said. They seem to be getting so picy now. Anyway I hope it doesn't take me that many. I hope now I know what ti say to the doctor when see him/her. If anyone has input about what I should say when I go there I would really appreciate it.
That is the feedback we rec'd from N3M, we have a surplus of applicants so we don't have to waiver people.

cgoetz

Thats a bummer but I guess all I can do is keep plugging away. There isnt a lot I guess I can do. I guess I just entered the game at the wrong time and had bad cards dealt me.

exNavyOffRec

I will tell you what I tell my guys, it is your time and money, if you want to keep trying than do. N3M will let your recruiter know when it is a no way possible scenario.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm looking forward to 22 more posts of hand-wringing lamentation in 2012. Come on fellas, do what you have to do and stop worrying about it. It will either work out, or it won't.

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
To the OP, after reading through your two threads, couple of observations for you. I get that your doc changed the depression diagnosis to adjustment disorder. Seems to me like that's your current diagnosis, I.E. you're still symptomatic. Now, I only know what I've read here and I'm not a doc, but it seem to me like you're not quite being honest with yourself about your own mental health. If you went to a doc for the purposes of getting a so called "clean bill of health" and he gave you another diagnosis, then you don't have a clean bill of health. If you were truly asymptomatic, then the doc would have indicated as much in your record and sent you on your way. The fact that you think the doc wasn't giving you a clean bill of health for personal reasons makes me question your own judgement and objectivity - frankly, it sounds ridiculous. Ever consider that he might actually be giving you his professional opinion? When he acts like you shouldn't be trying for this Naval Aviation thing, then that should ell you something and there's probably a valid mental health issue. Everyone on this thread has been blowing sympathetic smoke up our ass here. You need a dose of reality.

Your problem is simple. Go to a psychiatrist and get something on paper that says you've been asymptomatic for ANY mental disorder for whatever time period the Navy requires. If you can't get a psychiatrist to stipulate that, then you're not physically qualified, period.

Brett

cgoetz

NavyOffRec. I agree with your last thread here. Its pretty much what the recruiter last worked with said. I have to go to a doctor on my own dime and get him to to say that I am asymptomatic for any mental health and then have what is ever said there to Big Navy and hope that who ever sees it is in a good mood. Bottom line he said its a role of the dice and not guaranteed.

cgoetz

I just wanted to add something else Im not sure if I mentioned this before. I know when i first posted on this site I had the aspiration of becoming a naval aviator however now I just want to serve in the navy. The reason for this has to do with the fact that I am getting older and I dont know how long it will take me to get my med issues straightened out. I dont know if it was even necessary to mention this but whatever.