• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looks like Flora-Bama went down too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

navsup

BDCP Supply
the link disappeared. I searched for florabama yesterday. what exactly is it? Is it a bar/club/restaurant??? I have seen it mentioned several times and was just wondering

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
it's a bunch of bars indoors/outdoors located on the florida-alabama border... they have wet t-shirt and mullet tossing contests (featured on Real TV).

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
That sucks, I had some great times at the Bama. I don't remember them but that's what made it great :D The Bama is one of those going out icons, like Seville, Chan's, and Coconuts (at least when I went through 93-96).

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm sure they will rebuild. Ah yes great memories at all those places, to be in the pool waiting to fly again, didnt know how good I had it. Coconuts on wednesday night, the beach on thursday, Bama firday and Seville saturday it was a cliche but it felt so right. And you could always mix it up.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flora Bama Pics

Here she is looking as good as it gets. I worked here while in flight school 86-late 87 time frame. Wasn't much back then, but it grew considerably in the past ten years. Spent many a night there...

I hope Pat and Joe did not try to stick it out during the storm.

r/
Goz

Attachments

• bama1.jpg
    bama1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 111

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I saw a blurb somewhere about the Florabama and they said the owner was planning to rebuild. I have to ask the obvious question, how hard is it to rebuild a bunch of shacks? They could probably just use te debris from the previous place, I know I wouldn't notice a difference :icon_wink .

Status
Not open for further replies.